About Largo High School
Largo High - Home of the Packers
Address: 410 Missouri Ave. Largo, FL 33770
Phone: (727) 588-3758
Fax: (727) 588-4037
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Bradley Finkbiner, Ed.D.
Student Hours: 7:20 a.m.- 1:50 p.m.
Points of Pride
- Largo High School is one of 18 public high schools in Pinellas County, Florida. Just minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. Largo High School was officially established in 1914 and had its first graduating class in 1915. The original school was located off 4th Street SW in Largo, Florida. In 1957 a new campus was completed on its current grounds off Missouri Avenue in Largo.
- The current population of students represents the diverse population of Largo. Our current population of students is just under 2100 students and approximately 160 staff members.
Largo High School has two outstanding district application programs which draw students from beyond Largo High School's zoned limits.
Largo High School has an outstanding academic program that consists of regular, honors, dual-enrollment and Advanced Placement courses. Our mathematics and science disciplines offer many varied upper-level courses which may be unique to area schools. Largo High School has a recognized fine arts department - chorus, art, drama and band/orchestra compete throughout the state. Largo High School also offers a variety of Industry Certifications in Microsoft Office, Adobe, AutoCAD, Child Care, FACS, Automotive and Welding.
Largo also has superior sports programs. We have a history of success on the field, in the pool, on the court, on the links or on the mat. We have over 40 clubs and organizations for our students and parents to join. Our school colors are royal blue and gold. Our school mascot is a razorback hog. We are the "Packers!"
Special Services & Programs
- Exploring Careers & Education in Leadership (ExCEL) magnet program established in 1993
- International Baccalaureate (IB) magnet program
- Little Packer Pre-School child care program
- 9th Grade Academy
- Advanced Placement Classes
- Dual Enrollment Classes in partnership with St. Petersburg College
- Extended Learning Program for credit recovery and enrichment available for scholars
- Take Stock in Children Scholarship Program
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
- Athletics, Band, Chorus and Drama
- Full-service onsite clinic operated by the Pinellas County Health Department offers free medical care and social service to scholars
- More than 50 clubs spanning a variety of academic and recreational interests
- Active PTSA; earned numerous Pinellas County and State awards
Exploring Careers & Education in Leadership (ExCEL)
The magnet program is a county-wide application program which pulls students throughout Pinellas County to LHS. The ExCEL magnet program promotes career and college readiness and leadership development through hands-on learning. Students engage in real-world problem-solving and gain valuable experience through career shadowing opportunities. ExCEL embraces the philosophy and strategies of the AVID program through tutoring, mentoring, study skills instruction, and peer group support. Incorporating the AVID elective course into the ExCEL curriculum helps our students prepare for life after high school while building on the success they may have experienced in middle school AVID programs. Non-traditional instructional methods such as project-based learning, alternative assessment and educational opportunities beyond the classroom are what make the ExCEL magnet program a unique and rewarding high school experience.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
The magnet program is a mid-county application program that serves students in the central section of Pinellas County. The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is a highly rigorous and is highly recognized by the international community for the quality of its education process. Students attend program courses in 9th and 10th grade years (Pre-IB) in preparation for advancement into the IB Diploma Programme taken in 11th & 12th grades. Students will graduate with an international diploma.
Largo High School aims to deliver positive, rigorous instruction designed to empower students’ lifelong learning, successful academics and civic engagement, global understanding, and a respect for individuals and societies.
100% Student Success