IB Partner Association
Degrees and Certifications:
IB Partner Association
About IB Partners
Who are we?
Largo IB Partners, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization run by a volunteer board of parents, students, teachers, and administrators.
What is our purpose?
The mission of the organization is to support the students, their families, the faculty, and administration of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program by providing financial and administrative support, disseminating information about the program, sponsoring social and enrichment events, and supporting student CAS projects through social media exposure.
2023-24 Leadership Team:
Melanie Whitcomb, President
Johanna Wilson, Vice-President
Glynn Torres-Spelliscy, Secretary
Lina Kitsos, Treasurer
Christina Kreuger, Communications
You can contact the Board at: email@example.com
When do we meet?
The board usually meets the second Thursday of every month. Everyone is welcome to attend the board meetings. There are also three general meetings during the school year for members in August, January, and April. The 2023-24 schedule is below:
How do I join?
To accomplish our mission, the Organization relies on memberships, contributions, and volunteers. Your membership provides the funding for our activities throughout the year. We have several membership levels to select from:
- $25 Basic membership
- $50 Family membership
- $100+ Blue level supporter; includes one stainless steel water bottle
- $300+ Gold level supporter; includes bundle of water bottle, t-shirt, coozie and tote bag
- $500+ Platinum/Business membership; includes bundle and recognition on a variety of platforms
- $1,000+ Diamond level sustaining membership; includes bundle, recognition, and VIP seats at every IB event
CLICK HERE to fill out our membership form.
How can I help?
All parents with students in IB are encouraged to join and participate in the Organization. It is a direct way to stay connected and to help students succeed in the rigorous IB program. We have several active committees that welcome new volunteers:
- The College Admissions Committee assists with the IB Profile, organizes information sessions for parents and assists with college visits.
- The Fundraising Committee makes community connections, identifies businesses, and asks for monetary and non-monetary support.
- The Fun Committee organizes volunteers and provides food for student social events, and any other events that support the organization’s purpose. Our events include a Fall Social, Cookies & Cocoa in December, treats for Valentine’s Day, a Spring Picnic, an Ice Cream Social for Sophomores, Senior Olympics, and more!
- The Membership Committee maintains the membership form, updates the membership roster, and provides membership forms at meetings and events.
- The Merchandise Committee manages orders and sales for apparel and other IB goods.
- The Senior Exams Committee assists with the schedule for the IB senior exams and arranges for volunteers for exam days as needed.
- The Special Events Committee assists school administration with the organization of the Candle Lighting ceremony for the IB incoming freshman, the Pinning ceremony for the IB juniors, and the Senior Celebration for the IB seniors at the end of the year.
- The Teacher Appreciation Committee identifies resources for teachers in the classrooms, seeks donations, and organize teacher appreciation events and monthly appreciation gifts.
How do I stay in touch?
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out to anyone on the leadership team.
- Follow IB Partners on our Facebook page or Instagram for the latest information about the program.
- Join Remind for your child’s class year:
C/O 2024: @largoib24
C/O 2025: @largoib25
C/O 2026: @largoib26
C/O 2027: @largoib27