Good Evening Highlanders!
This is Mr. Vasallo, principal of Dunedin Highland Middle School with my weekly update.
- We will have FSA and EOC makeup testing the week of June 1st - June 4th for 7th and 8th grade Reading, Math, and Civics. We are asking our online families to reserve their seat ASAP:
- Drop off is at 10:00am at the front of the school. If you have any questions please contact Ms. Bernal- email@example.com or 469-4112 x 2014
- The Orchestra will perform Wednesday night at 6pm in the gymnasium.
- Final Exams start Thursday with 1st and 4th period exams. Our Exam Schedule can be viewed here:
- Yearbook Distribution – Monday, June 7th at 3:30 pm in the cafeteria. MyPCSOnline Families are welcome to pick up yearbooks on the 7th or during our laptop & textbook return on June 8th and 9th.
- We will hold our final SAC Meeting of the year on Monday June 7th at 6pm on Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/91789764572
- Device Collection: All face-to-face students will need to check their devices in during their Math Exams. 6th and 7th grade students have the option to keep their laptop for the summer, they fill out this form: firstname.lastname@example.org or print it and either drop it off to the main office or send it in to your student's first period teacher.
. You can fill it out, take a picture of it and email it to Mrs. Rossell at
- All 8th grade students will have their devices collected and will receive a new device from their high school.
- All devices must be returned with their chargers.
- MyPCSOnline students will have two days to return their laptops to the main office – June 8th from noon-4:10pm and June 9th 8:30am-noon. We will also collect textbooks Algebra and Geometry from online students on these dates.
- There will not be any live lessons on June 9th.
- We held a Device Collection Parent Info Night last week and the recording is posted on our website: https://youtu.be/M1D3_WAAb6Y
- June 9th is an exam makeup day and an early release day. Students will be released at 2:10pm on the last day of school.
- We will have our 8th grade Breakfast on June 9th at 9:40am in the cafeteria. MyPCSOnline 8th graders are welcome to join us, but please note that masks will be off while students are eating.
- The school year ends on June 9th. Pinellas County School policy does not allow us to send medication home with students or store it over the summer. Please arrange to come to school to pick up any unused medication, including inhalers and Epinephrine Devices. Any unclaimed medications will be disposed of on Wednesday, June 9th, 2021 at 12:00 noon without exception.
- For the school year 2021-2022, students entering or attending 7th grade are REQUIRED to have a TDAP shot prior to attending class on the first day of school or valid documented exemption. All schools in the county are required by Chapter 64D-3.046, Florida Administrative Code, to enforce these immunization requirements. Please submit a completed Certificate of Immunization form (DH 680) to the school office prior to the start of school in August if you have not already provided documentation to the school office.
- Pinellas County Schools wants to hear from you! Please take the parent survey by clicking the link below:
- The Summer Bridge Middle School Program Registration is open!
Dates: June 21 – July 15
Days: Monday - Thursday
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
To Apply: Go to https://reservation.pcsb.org
Need Help Applying? Please contact Student Assignment at 727-588-6210 or StudentAssignment@pcsb.org
- Show your Highlander pride around town. The PTA is selling very snazzy car magnets. $7 each or 2 for $10. To get your very own DHMS magnet, visit the PTA STORE at www.dhmspta.org . Supplies are limited, so order yours TODAY!
June 2nd: Orchestra Concert – 6pm – Gymnasium
June 3rd: 1st and 4th period exams
June 4th: 2nd and 5th period exams
June 7th: 3rd and 6th period exams
June 7th: Yearbook Distribution 3:30pm in the Cafeteria
June 7th: SAC Meeting on Zoom – 6pm: https://zoom.us/j/91789764572
June 8th: 7th period exam
June 8th: MyPCSOnline device & textbook check in and collection (PM hours)
June 9th: 8th Grade Breakfast 9:40-11:20am
June 9th: Last Day of School – Exam Makeup Day - Early Release at 2:10 pm. No Live Lessons for MyPCSOnline Students
June 9th: MyPCSOnline device & textbook check in and collection (AM hours)
June 15th: Report Cards – Will be emailed only
June 21st: Summer Bridge Begins
That’s all for this week at Dunedin Highland Middle School, where we conduct ourselves with Respect, Excellence, and Pride! Go Highlanders!
DHMS School Website:
Like us on Social Media!
PTA What’s App Spanish Parent Group: