CIS is an alternative school that provides a voluntary option for 5.5- 8.5 grade level students in a positive, encouraging learning environment where all students can experience success and develop responsibility. Prospective students must apply for admittance to CIS. Applications can be obtained from school counselors. Admittance criteria are based on students academic needs. Student enrollment is limited to a maximum of 22 students per class. Our school features:
- An internal opportunity for students who have been retained to upgrade to their appropriate grade level.
- Individualized and small group instruction, students are assigned to tutorials during the day; sessions are also available before and after school.
- Expanded student services and support staff that assist the development of the whole child working with emotional, social and academic needs.
- Technology rich learning environment, emphasizing the use of lap top/netbook/Ipad labs, document cameras and smart boards during classroom instruction.
- Business and community relations that work with our student mentoring/tutoring programs.
- Intensive reading and math classes which are taught during a 90 minute block of time.