About Cypress Woods Elementary School
Address: 4900 Cypress Woods Blvd., Palm Harbor, FL 34685
Phone: (727) 538-7325
Fax: (727) 725-7988
Principal: Kimberly Hill
Grade Levels: Pre-K three – Fifth Grade
School Hours: 8:45am – 2:55pm
Office Hours: 7:45am – 3:45pm
- Ranked in the top 5% of elementary schools in the State of Florida based on school accountability criteria.
- FSA scores in both reading and math exceed the district and state average.
- Cypress Woods Elementary has maintained a school grade of an “A” for fourteen consecutive years.
- 83 percent of third-fifth graders were at or above proficiency on the Math Florida Standards Assessment in 2017 with 73% of students making a learning gain.
- 75 percent of third-fifth graders were at or above proficiency on the Reading Florida Standards Assessment in 2017 with 67% of students making a learning gain.
Points of Pride
- Five Star School Award
- State of Florida Recognition Award for sustained high student achievement
- Golden School Award for outstanding community involvement programs
- District Battle of the Books finalist
- All County fifth-grade Honors Chorus, Orff and String Ensemble
- PTA and SAC who are highly involved with the school and community
- Dedicated Science lab-scientific experiments and hands-on activities for exploratory learning
- Live Student led Eagle Eye News Program
- Multiple computer labs available at all grade levels
- Access to technology including iPads, SMARTBoards, and digital lessons
- Community Engagement of Volunteer Award 2016-2017
- PTA Award winning Gardening and Lego Club
- Focus on character education and Guidelines for Success
Special Services & Programs
- After school Enrichment Clubs
- Drum, Orff, and Strings Music Programs
- SEM School Enrichment Model (K-5)
- Multiple STEM Academies (Grades 2-5)
- Billion Mile Race PE Program (K-5)
- Lunch Pals Mentoring Program
- PTA Sponsored Clubs (Lego, Gardening, Running, Spanish)
- Beach Club (Sponsored by Calvary Church)
- Special Education services in Gifted, Language, Varying Exceptionalities, and Independent Varying Exceptionalities
- Therapy services in Occupational, Physical, and Speech
- Before and After School care: YMCA
Teach It! Learn It! Live It!
School Brochure CWE Brochure