Dunedin Highland Middle - Home of the Highlanders
Address: 70 Patricia Ave., Dunedin, FL 34698-8101
Phone: (727) 469-4112
Fax: (727) 469-4115
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Brandon Glenn
Grade Levels: 6th - 8th
School Hours: 9:40am - 4:10pmAbout:At Dunedin Highland Middle School we strive for academic personalization, which enables all students to learn, achieve, and succeed with full options upon entering high school. To ensure success for our students, Dunedin Highland Middle School has implemented the wall-to-wall academy model. All students are enrolled in either our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) Academy or our Center for Gifted Studies. Both of our academies act as a smaller learning community within the school. Students have a specific team of teachers and staff working to provide rigorous and relevant instruction while meeting the unique needs and interests of the students. The model has allowed for more personalized attention to our students, leading to an increase in academic engagement, decrease in discipline issues, and have improved the sense of belonging for all.Points of Pride
- 12 projects and 21 students represented Dunedin at the state National History day competition. Some scholars were national finalists and Florida's state affiliate winners for middle school
- DHMS Pipe band placed 3rd in the Central Florida Highland Games
- Center for Gifted Studies received the National award for Merit Distinction
- DHMS has an amazing Theater program that live productions of the Decedents and ELF
- DHMS is Kindness Certified for 2022
- DHMS Odyssey of the Mind club advanced to the state level, winning in several categories.
- National PTA School of Excellence
Special Services and Programs
- AVID - Advancement Via Individual Determination
- Academy of Business and Technology Education offering Microsoft Certification Courses
- Award Winning Highlander Band, Bag Pipes, and Scottish Dance
- Superior Theater program that produces live productions
Dunedin Highland Middle School will close the achievement gap and open new learning opportunities to ensure that all of our scholars make academic gains by providing a safe and respectful environment, inspiring excellence in educational practices and student achievement, and demonstrating pride in our school community. Respect, Excellence, and Pride!
100% Student SuccessCenter For Gifted Studies
Program Supports: AVID - Advancement Via Individual Determination, Academy of Business and Technology Education offering Microsoft Certification Courses, Award Winning Highlander Band, Bag Pipes; and Scottish DanceVisitor Info
For safety and security reasons everyone on campus at DHMS must have proper identification visible at all times. Please be prepared to show a valid picture identification card. Computerized, photo ID's will be made for all visitors. This badge must be worn while on the school campus.
All information is secure and NOT shared with any other parties. Thank you for helping to keep our school and campus safe.