Building Construction Technologies
Length 1,050 Hours Admissions Contact Debbi Humbel - email@example.com Course Information Debbi Humbel - firstname.lastname@example.org Flyer Download Program Costs Download
Mission: The mission of this program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to obtain a successful career in the building construction industry.
Program I460401 consists of a planned sequence of courses.
Building Construction Helper - Course BCV0400 (450 hours) - Content includes safety practices and disaster plans; an understanding of the construction industry and related occupations; the use of basic hand tools; understanding the proper operation of power tools; construction components; masonry skills and employability skills.
Building Construction Technician, 1 of 2 - Course BCV0401 (300 hours) - Content includes local, state, and federal codes and regulations; math skills; reading blueprints, contract documents and specifications; the operation of heavy equipment; using power tools; and carpentry skills.
Building Construction Technician, 2 of 2 - Course BCV0402 (300 hours) - Content includes the installation of cabinets; preparation and application of finishes to surfaces; the installation of roofing materials; troubleshooting, repairing, and installing plumbing systems; troubleshooting, repairing, and installing electrical systems; maintaining, repairing, and installing heating, ventilation, and air-cooling (HVAC) systems; performing site preparation and maintenance; and entrepreneurship.
Distance Education: Not available at this time
- Statewide Building Construction Technology, A.A.S./A.S. Degree
- St. Petersburg College Industrial Management Technology, A.S. Degree
- Hilti Powder Actuated Tool Certification
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10 hour Safety Certification
- National Safety Council – Forklift certification
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry - www.nari.org
- Residential Construction Academy - www.residentialacademy.com
Minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirement: 70%
Minimum Attendance Requirement: 70%
Basic Skills Entrance/Exit Requirements: Student's competency in reading, math, and language is pre-assessed using the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE). Required basic skills grade levels are: Reading-9, Math-9, and Language-9.
* Length of program and all costs are approximate and subject to change.