Douglas L. Jamerson, Jr. Elementary - Home of the Trailblazers
Address: 1200 37th St. S St. Petersburg, FL 33711
Phone: (727) 552-1703
Fax: (727) 552-1704
Principal: Heather Peters
Gates open at 8:15 AM
Breakfast starts at 8:15 AM
School starts at 8:45 AM
School ends at 2:55 PM
Jamerson Elementary is a countywide magnet program with an emphasis on the whole child. Jamerson's hand-picked, highly-qualified staff collaborates with families to build a foundation of intellectual curiosity that is the core of classroom learning experiences. Utilizing an integrated engineering curriculum, students are challenged within a safe and positive learning environment. The intensity of the engineering discipline allows students to demonstrate the ability to think and analyze critically and quantitatively. School leaders work with community and local business partners to create STEM-related learning experiences both in and outside of school.
Points of Pride
- Nationally Certified Demonstration Magnet School 2022-2026 by Magnet Schools of America
- Magnet School Distinction
- Mayor's Top Apple Award
- Specialized engineering curriculum involving the real world application of science, social studies, mathematics and language arts content and skills
- Highly qualified staff with over 50% of staff holding advanced degrees and/or National Board Certification
- Nationally recognized PTA offering many opportunities for fun family involvement
- National Elementary STEM Award
- Award winning music and visual arts programs, partnership with the DALI Museum
- Engineering Lab, FabLab/Maker Space, Probeware labs, 3D Printing, and outdoor learning spaces
- Extracurricular clubs: STEM Academy, Coding Clubs, Robotics, Gardening, Kindness Club, Band, Art Clubs, Tampa Bay Watch Programs and many more
- Engineering-based field trips to Kennedy Space Center, St. Petersburg Science Festival, USF Engineering Expo, Mote Marine Center, Bishop Science Center, and more
- All children can achieve high levels of learning.
- Great teachers inspire diverse learners.
- Children are natural problem solvers who embrace creativity.
- We thrive as leaders who make a difference.
- We are better together: students, families, community, and staff.
Pillars of Excellence
- Innovative curriculum and professional development
- Academic excellence
- Family and community partnerships
Provide a diverse and caring learning environment with highly qualified teachers, unique family and community partnerships, and distinct engineering curriculum that promotes productive citizenship and highest student achievement.
Engineering innovative thinkers for global success.