High school students attending Pinellas Technical College (PTC) have the opportunity to be dual enrolled in post-secondary courses tuition free! These courses give students credits toward a high school diploma and a career technical certificate. Hours completed at PTC may also transfer as credit hours to local and state colleges.Dual Enrollment Packets: English | En Espanol (COMING SOON!)Following is a list of classes currently available on the Clearwater campus:Dual enrollment students will be present in the same class as adult students; therefore, a higher level of maturity, independence, and initiative is important for student success.
Students who are registered for dual enrollment courses will have three grades per semester recorded on their high school transcript. Therefore, students need to be very dedicated to their best performance in PTC coursework because the resulting grades can greatly impact postsecondary education opportunities and scholarship opportunities.
- Be at least 16 years old and entering their junior or senior year in high school
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.0, or 2.5 GPA for medical-related programs
- Show responsibility through high school attendance and behavior.
- Obtain a Dual Enrollment Application from their high school counselor.
- Return completed application to their high school counselor, with all necessary signatures.
- Once the PTC counselor has received the application, the student will be contacted regarding a shadowing date.
For more information regarding dual enrollment, please contact Pinellas Technical college as follows:
Clearwater campus (727) 538-7167