National Honor SocietySponsor: Susan Wolodkowicz
Location: Media Center
Time: 1st and 3rd Friday of each month – 2:00 pm
What is the National Honor Society?
The Seminole Warhawk Chapter of the National Honor Society’s goal is to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, and to develop character in the students of Seminole High School.
President: Carson Ward
Vice President: Coby Suski
Secretary: Julisa Manuel-Garcia
Treasurer: Tori Rios
Historian: Megan Levine
Parliamentarian: Morgan Payne
Students interested in joining the SHS National Honor Society must:
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 unweighted and 3.5 weighted GPA throughout their high school career.
- Junior or Senior status.
- Exemplary discipline records.
- Complete a survey in which the student must list all SHS leadership and SHS service in addition to writing an essay (please see the downloadable survey below).
- The surveys are reviewed by a five person faculty council that will determine the Inductees for the new year.
- All members must participate in 12 hours of service/semester through NHS events.
- Earn 6 points/semester- points are earned through attending member meetings.
- Maintain a 3.0 unweighted GPA & a 3.5 weighted GPA.
- Maintain exemplary discipline records.
- The SHS NHS meets on the first and third Friday of the month at 2:00 pm.
- The SHS NHS holds their meetings in the Media Center.
Congratulations NHS Candidates! If you wish to be considered for induction into the SHS NHS, please download, print, staple and complete the seven documents provided below.
The Survey packet must be submitted by 2:00 pm on September 24, 2019 in room A-22 -no exceptions (please do not disturb Mrs. Wolodkowicz’s classes- submissions should be made after school only).
Please note that if the candidate submits a survey that is missing any of the documents or the documents are not properly filled out, the candidate will not be considered. If you have any questions, please see an NHS Officer or Mrs. Wolodkowicz in A-22 after school.
Thank you,NHS Executive BoardView all of the documents on the following link > NHS Packet 19-20