At the Center for Advancement of the Sciences and Technology at Bay Point Elementary we strive to increase student interest, motivation and achievement in mathematics, science, technology and foreign language. The school is a countywide magnet and as such students may only enter through the magnet application process, which is described below. You may learn more about our school’s programs and activities on this site. Arterial busing is available for students who qualify.
Applying for the 2021-2022 School Year1. LEARN ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
We invite you to visit our campus on one of the dates posted below. Bay Point offers a Discovery Night to give parents an opportunity to see the campus in the evening. You may also learn more about our programs and activities by exploring this website, and that of our PTA, and by visiting us at a magnet fair. The Magnet Office will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the program.Bay Point Elementary Magnet School Tours- At this time tours are not being conducted.
Please contact the school and request a tour. Mrs. Stetz, our magnet coordinator, will work with your schedule to arrange a tour as soon as possible. Please understand that in order to minimize disruption of our classes, we are unable to offer individual tours on-demand.
Call the school at 727-552-1449 X 2012 to schedule a tour.
District Magnet Information Fairs
At these events, parents have an opportunity to learn about the various programs offered by the District. Staff members from Bay Point Elementary will be on hand to answer your questions.Elementary & K-8 School (Madeira Beach & Sanderlin) DAP ProgramsTuesday, Oct. 27: 6:30 to 7:45 p.m.Middle School DAP ProgramsThursday, Nov. 5: 6:30 to 7:45 p.m.High School DAP ProgramsMonday, Nov. 2: 6:30 to 7:45 p.m.All DAP ProgramsSaturday, Nov. 7: 9:00 to 10:15 p.m.Bay Point Elementary Discovery NightWednesday, November 19th, 2020 at 6:00pmVirtualJoin Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/98456224543Meeting ID: 984 5622 45432. MAKE AN APPLICATIONStudents need to apply on-line if they wish to attend a District Application Program. Students currently enrolled at Bay Point Elementary in grades Kindergarten, First, Second, Third and Fourth do not need to reapply if they plan on staying at BPE.
Incoming Kindergarten students
Siblings of current BPE students who wish to transfer to BPE
All 5th Graders who wish to attend a middle school magnet or fundamental program
All 8th Graders who wish to attend a high school magnet or fundamental program
Student Reservation System (SRS)
Parents must use the online Student Reservation System (SRS) to make a late application to one of the programs.
District Application Program Procedures WorkshopsPinellas County Schools have scheduled workshops on the following dates to assist you. For more details visit PCSB website or call Student Assignment at 727-588-6210.District Application Program Period
- To use the SRS system, you will need a PCS Portal User ID and password. Families who already have a User ID and password (under the former ParentConnect system) do not have to get a new User ID or password.
- Those who need a new PCS Portal User ID and password should visit their nearest school with a valid ID (e.g. Driver's License, State ID card, Passport/Visa, Military ID, Green Card).
- Keep your user ID and password safe, some put it in their cell phone, you will need it the entire time your child is enrolled in a Pinellas County School.
- TIP! Print out the confirmation page as proof of your application in case there is a problem.
Wednesday, January 6th through Friday, January 15th at 5:00 pm
Please note: priority preferences apply only to the program you ranked as first choice.
Sibling PriorityTo keep families together, Pinellas County Schools gives siblings priority in assignment, providing there is an opening in the magnet program at the grade level needed. A sibling is defined as brothers, sisters, stepbrothers, stepsisters, or other children with common legal guardianship who reside in the same household. This priority only applies to your first choice school when made during the initial application period in January. If you wish to claim sibling priority because you have another student at BPE:
- Log on to SRS using your PCS Portal User ID to apply.
- Your first choice is weighted the highest (putting a school as second choice drops you below all those who choose it as their first choice).
- If applicable, you must declare sibling preference at this time. This priority only applies to your first choice school.
- For our fifth graders: All 5th graders who wish to attend a magnet or fundamental program must apply online. (You do not need to apply online for your child's close to home school.) To apply, you will need your child's student ID found on the report card. If applying to a middle school magnet program, you may need to provide a copy of your child's most recent report card and a copy of their most recent standardized test scores (i.e. state assessment scores) to the school.
3. ACCEPTANCE PERIOD
- Check that option on the on-line application.
- Make BPE your first choice for the incoming student.
Monday, February 15th through Friday, February 26st at 5:00 pm
You MUST log back in to SRS to view all invitations your child has received and to accept the school invitation of your choice during this period.
Any invitation that is not accepted is expired at midnight on February 26st. If you do not take action, you will lose the seat offered and you will need to reapply during the late application period which will put you at the bottom of the list.
Students who do not receive an invitation will be put on the wait list at any school to which they applied.
If you applied for two siblings, and only one was invited, please contact the school; acceptance of one sibling does not guarantee acceptance for the other.
Typically, upper grades will not be invited until the summer when schools have a better idea how many openings are available in those grades.
Those who did not apply for the coming school year may complete a late application on-line. These applications will be ranked below those who applied during the January application period. Late applications are accepted throughout the year. Please be advised that there are no priorities given at this time, including sibling or staff priorities.
Welcome to our new families! Thank you for selecting Bay Point Elementary. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us and will strive to work with you to give your child the best educational experience.
New families who have been invited to Bay Point and accepted the invitation will still need to register their child for the 2018-19 school year. Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2018, to attend kindergarten next school year. The district is urging parents to register their children by May 29th. Click here for complete information about documents required by the district for registration in Pinellas County Schools. You will need:
To register in the Bay Point Elementary Magnet Program you must also sign the Magnet Commitment Agreement.
- Child's original birth certificate
- Florida Certification of Immunization
- Current physical exam certificate (both pages)
- Child's Social Security card
- 2 proofs of residency (utility bill, rental agreement, etc.)
- Most recent report card and IEP (if applicable)
Parents are strongly encouraged to register to volunteer as well.5. KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION
Families should plan to attend our Kindergarten orientation. Bring your child to learn what you can do to better prepare your child for Kindergarten in the Fall.