CFMS 2018-19 Literacy ProgramHow to Find a Book:
Use the Reading Counts website link above to find books at your reading level and in your area of interest.
Program Details:Students will have 16 minutes to enjoy silent reading during their 7th period class. A school-wide incentive program will celebrate the success of students who pass 3 qualifying Reading Counts quizzes each marking period.
- In the search bar, type in the title then click on the title for detailed information about the book including the book's word count. If a book cannot be found through title search, then try searching by author.
- Remember that fiction books must have 25,000 words and non-fiction books must have 5,000 words in order to fulfill incentive program requirements.
- RC Quiz due dates are in the planner, on the CFMS web calendar, and posted in classrooms.
- Books may be either fiction OR nonfiction, as long as they meet the requirements (25,000 words for fiction, 5,000 words for nonfiction, and must have a RC quiz).
- RC Quizzes will have 15 questions and will require a passing score of 75%.
- Quizzes must be completed prior to 2:45 p.m. on the due date.
- Students may take quizzes in the Media Center/Lab before or after school, during lunch, or in the classroom with teacher permission.
- Each marking period, students who qualify will receive an incentive (to be announced), AND be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card from a store of their choice.
2018-19 Quiz Due Dates: TBA
Marking Period 1:
Marking Period 2:
Marking Period 3:
Marking Period 4: