Dress Code at Gibbs
LOOK AT YOURSELF
• School is your job!
• Come dressed for success each day. Don’t let dress code violations get in the way of you being successful at your job.
The dress and grooming of District students shall be neat and clean, promoting a positive educational environment. Apparel that disrupts educational activities and processes of the school will result in the removal of the student from the regular school environment until acceptable apparel can be secured for the student. The administration will be the final judge about whether a student’s clothing is appropriate for school or whether it will create an environmental climate that is distracting to learning. Principals, faculty, and staff members will enforce the dress code. Failure to comply with the dress code will be handled similarly to other disciplinary infractions. Non-compliance may result in consequences including but not limited to detention, in-school suspension and loss of eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities.
Dress Code - Further Clarification/Other Requirements:
- Form fitting leotard/spandex type clothing is not allowed unless proper outer garments cover to midthigh length or longer.
- See through or mesh fabric clothing may only be worn over clothing meeting requirements. • Clothing must be appropriate size, with the waist of the garment worn at the student’s waist.
- Clothing not properly buttoned, zipped, fastened, or with inappropriate holes or tears shall not be worn.
- Clothing and footwear traditionally designed as undergarments or sleepwear shall not be worn as outer garments.
- Sunglasses may not be worn inside unless a parent provides a doctor’s note to the school. G. Bandanas or sweatbands are not allowed to be visible on school grounds during the regular school hours.
- Hats or other head coverings may be worn during outside P.E. activities and may not be worn during any portion of the regular school day without the expressed permission of the principal.
- If the school has a mandatory school uniform policy, the student must adhere to those requirements