YMCA at Skycrest
YMCA of the Suncoast is offered on the Skycrest Campus for Before and After school care. The hours for care are 6:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. and 2:55 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The program offers care for any enrolled Skycrest student from Pre-K 3 to 5th grade.
About the Y:
March 27, 1957, marked the 60th anniversary of YMCA of the Suncoast, a charitable organization that began with a powerful idea and belief — to strengthen the foundations of community. It was our cause then, and it’s our cause today. On May 4, 2017, we honored our volunteers, donors, members and partners for being ROCK SOLID in spirit, mind and body!
Since our founding, the Y has grown from its first facility in 1965 to eight branches plus school-age program locations serving Citrus, Hernando, Pasco and Pinellas counties.
We are happy to share that in 2019 the Y organization will celebrate its 175th anniversary.
As current participants (or waitlisted) in our School Age Programs, we wanted to be sure you were the first to know PRE-REGISTRATION for the 2021/2022 school year BEGINS MONDAY, APRIL 12th!
- NO REGISTRATION FEE FOR THE FIRST 100 REGISTERED! Be one of the first 100 participants to enroll in any of our school age programs, and your registration fee will be waived!*First 100 participants enrolled in all service areas including Citrus, Hernando, Pasco and Pinellas Counties.
- ENTER TO WIN A FREE WEEK OF CARE! Pre-Register during the week of April 12th through April 16th to be entered to win a free week of care! One winner PER SCHOOL will be randomly selected to receive the first full week of school FREE. (Only one winner per family max).
- SECURE YOUR SPOT EARLY AND AVOID WAIT LISTS! Current or previous participation in a school age program or camp does NOT guarantee a child's spot. All children must complete a new enrollment for the 21/22 school year, and spots are secured on a first come first serve basis.
- ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED! Children MUST be registered ONLINE PRIOR TO ATTENDING PROGRAMS.
Be sure to SAVE THE DATE - APRIL 12th!
Summer Camp 2021 registration is underway! Click HERE to view the 2021 camp options and RESERVE YOUR SPOT ONLINE TODAY!
IMPORTANT REMINDER FOR ALL PARENTS
In order to avoid a disruption in services, all outstanding balances must be paid in full prior to the first program your child is attending (Summer Camp and/or Before and After Care for school year 21/22). While your child may not attend prior to the balance being paid, you may register them to secure a spot while you work to pay off your remaining balance and as long as spots are available for your chosen program. Accounts will be reviewed prior to the beginning of camp and school year, and any accounts with a balance due are subject to being placed on a wait list until their balance due has been satisfied and provided an open spot is available.
2020-2021 School Year Enrollment Information:
If you would like more information about the Y at Skycrest, please contact Director Destiny Marry at 727-449-9469.
We continue to partner with the school district to prepare for the upcoming school year. As we have learned over the last few months, we must be flexible to change but remain prepared to serve. Should the school district need to make changes from what is currently planned, we will modify our plans accordingly. Because our programs have filled to capacity in the past, we want to provide you with opportunity to enroll. Don't wait, it will fill up quickly!
Rest assured, we will continue to follow the CDC's guidance on providing care to youth. The protocols as they stand today include verbal wellness checks, temperature taking and appropriate distancing. As the school year approaches we will share the updated protocols so you have an understanding of the protocols we will follow.
Please read the details below and click on the link at the bottom to begin enrolling now!
- REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE ON MOBILE DEVICES AND PHONES! We are happy to announce that online registration for YMCA Before and After Care programs can now be completed on a mobile device including phones and tablets!
- SECURE YOUR SPOT EARLY AND AVOID WAIT LISTS!
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED! Children MUST be registered ONLINE PRIOR TO ATTENDING PROGRAMS. Registrations will not be accepted on the first day of attendance.
- EASY ONLINE ENROLLMENT PROCESS! Save yourself time by enrolling online! Registration is provided ONLINE only. Parents will be asked to review and sign the licensing paperwork at the site on their child's first day. Please allow extra time on your child's first day to sign these required forms.
- IMPORTANT!!!! In order to ensure the correct licensing forms and information are at the site on your child's first day, ALL CHILDREN MUST BE ENROLLED ONLINE PRIOR TO ATTENDANCE. Children will not be able to attend programming until the online registration is complete.
- YOU CHOOSE YOUR VACATION WEEKS*! You have the flexibility to choose which weeks you use your vacation! Whether you choose to use them during the school holiday breaks, or other weeks when you need to take a break, it's your choice! Participants in eligible plans will receive up to 4 weeks a year to use as needed per the vacation week policy.
Some IMPORTANT REMINDER for our parents:
We would like to remind parents that our program fees draft via Electronic Funds Transfer every Saturday prior to the week of care. All participants are required to be set up on EFT processing via credit card or bank account. Our sites are not able to accept cash, check or money order payments. Should you wish to pay via another method of payment, you may visit our School Age Program office to pay prior to the schedule draft processing. Parents may also pay their balance ahead via their online account.
In order to avoid a disruption in services, all outstanding balances must be paid in full prior to beginning the 20/21 school year program.
*Vacation weeks apply to eligible plans. Grand and subsidy recipients must adhere to the requirements of the grant or subsidy to with they receive.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
YMCA's are charitable organizations here to serve people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes. The YMCA is community-based and believes that its programs and services should be available to everyone. Financial assistance is offered on a sliding fee scale designed to fit each individual's financial situation. We promise that everyone who qualifies will receive assistance to the greatest extent possible based on the availability of funds. Contact the Y of Suncoast Clearwater at 727-467-9622 for more information.
Congratulations Skycrest Y - they receive a $10,000 donation from TD Bank for supporting literacy.