Commercial and Digital Art
About Commercial and Digital Arts at CAS
This class is perfect for students interested in learning about the many facets of artistic design and who are also looking to learn how to use industry software like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign as well as Corel Draw, Prezi, WIX and more. It's also for the student who likes to sketch, plan and draw while critically and creatively solving problems.
Areas covered include art history, industry trends, portfolio, logos, posters, outdoor advertising, t-shirt design, branding, typography, illustration, comics, storyboarding, fine art, photo retouching and repair, layout and much more.
Students also have access to a laser engraver which can be used to make canvas signs, auto decals and can etch into almost anything as well as a Direct To Garment printer which allows for full color creation of t-shirts using an inkjet style printing method which is better quality than silkscreen.
Classroom uses Dell computers, Adobe CC software, Wacom Bamboo digital tablets and more
Levels 1 - 8 available. Visit www.JuulArts.com for more full class and curriculum information.
The Commercial & Digital Arts class is articulated with Saint Petertsburg College and completion of three levels earns you 3 credits towards a Digital Arts, Media & Interactive Web Design Associates Degree.
Participation in Skills USA student organization and competition is available and encouraged
Class Awards & Accolades
- 2017, 11 students earned their industry certifications
- 2017, the class partners with Pinellas Technical College to create print advertising material for their two campuses and programs.
- 2017, the class partners with the City of Largo to provide virtual internships, providing eight students with real graphic design work opportunities. The created seed packets, stickers, banners, t-shirt logos, postcards and a floor displays.
- 2016 Mr. Juul was awarded the Pinellas Adult Career and Technical Education Award for Instructor of the Year 2016 - 2017
- 2015, student was awarded a SEmmy SPC College Award for High School Graphic Designer of the Year. In 2016 there were more two more nominees.
- 2013 - 2014, students placed third in the state of Florida in a SkillsUSA State T-Shirt contest.
- 2012 - 2013, students took first in the state of Florida for Florida SkillsUSA State T-Shirt and Brochure Design as well as third place in T-Shirt and Pin designs.
- 2013 students placed first in the State of Florida and fourth at National SkillsUSA competition in Career Pathways Showcase - Art & Communication.
- 2010-2011 students were SKillsUSA National first and second place winners as well as First in The State of Florida in regional and state design competitions.
Our class is a full service advertising and graphic design studio offering services such as:
- Laser Engraving (dogtags, any wood items, plaques, glass, plastics, laptops)
- Vinyl Banners (of all sizes and colors. Indoor and outdoor)
- Vinyl decals and stickers in any sizes
- Logo design
- Business cards
- Fliers, posters, general signage, oversized banners
- Photo Retouching Services. (Color correct and repair torn, faded or worn photos)
- T-Shirt Design
- If you are interested in this class, talk with your guidance counselor as soon as possible.