Tech High Nursing
We are so excited about your interest in Pinellas Technical High Schools Nursing Program. This is a highly rigorous program designed to give students a head start in the Medical Field. Students have many medical paths they can take, however this program is focused on the Science and Art of Nursing that can be used in any patient care setting as an introduction. All classes are taught by Bachelors prepared Registered Nurses, who are leaders in their field. Nursing has skills involved that can be taught, however when you grow with a program where the love for being a nurse is shown in every class, you gain an insight into the human spirit. Our goal is to graduate students who are truly compassionate, and provide care at the highest level, no matter what discipline of medicine their long term goal is.
- Health Science Anatomy & Physiology- 8417100
- Medical Skills and Services- 8400320
- Health Science Foundations - 8417110
- Allied Health Assisting- 8417130
- Certified Nursing Assistant-8417210 – (includes clinical hours off-site)
- Health Science Education Directed Study- 8400100
- Tech High School - Electrocardiograph Technician (EKG)
- Pinellas Technical College - 8427100 Practical Nursing Program* (includes 560 clinical hours)
- Petersburg College - Dual enrollment*
- Tech High School - Health Science Cooperative Education (OJT) 8400410
*Pre-requisites required for admittance to these programs. See specific schools for details.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ the Registered Nursing (RN) profession is expected to grow from 2.7 million in 2014 to 3.2 million in 2024, for a total number of job openings being approximately 1.09 million by 2024. You can start your nursing future here at Tech High at Seminole, and receive your Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), which will lead to a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license. Our program differs from other medical programs by teaching content through the nursing model of prevention and whole health so that you may sit for the LPN license exam shortly after graduation. Having your LPN license allows to enter the workforce directly, as well as the ability to earn a great wage while working toward a higher degree post high school.
Contact Mrs. Petrulis for more information 727-545-6405