If you love helping others and have a passion for science the Tech High Nursing Assistant program is for you. In the lab, you will demonstrate through hands-on training the skills required for clinical hours in a healthcare facility. When you graduate, you will be eligible to sit for the Certified Nursing Assistant Licensure exam from the Florida State Board of Nursing. You will be challenged with a thoroughly rigorous health care curriculum. You will earn certifications from the American Heart Association: BLS CPR, Bloodborne Pathogens and First Aid. You will be prepared to enter a nursing college or the workforce.
- AHA American Heart Association CPR
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- First Aid
- BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR
Health Science Foundations
Health Science Anatomy and Physiology
Nursing Assistant 3
Electrocardiograph Technician 3
- Health Science Anatomy & Physiology- 8417100
- Medical Skills and Services- 8400320
- Health Science Foundations - 8417110
- Allied Health Assisting- 8417130
- Certified Nursing Assistant-8417210 – (includes clinical hours off-site)
- Health Science Education Directed Study- 8400100
- Tech High School - Electrocardiograph Technician (EKG)
- Pinellas Technical College - 8427100 Practical Nursing Program* (includes 560 clinical hours)
- Petersburg College - Dual enrollment*
- Tech High School - Health Science Cooperative Education (OJT) 8400410
*Pre-requisites required for admittance to these programs. See specific schools for details.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ the Registered Nursing (RN) profession is expected to grow from 2.7 million in 2014 to 3.2 million in 2024, for a total number of job openings being approximately 1.09 million by 2024. You can start your nursing future here at Tech High at Seminole, and receive your Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), which will lead to a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license. Our program differs from other medical programs by teaching content through the nursing model of prevention and whole health so that you may sit for the LPN license exam shortly after graduation. Having your LPN license allows to enter the workforce directly, as well as the ability to earn a great wage while working toward a higher degree post high school.
Contact Mrs. Petrulis