Ms. Karp and I cannot wait to see you on August 13th. As you prepare for the start of school we wanted to give you a sneak peek at the supplies required which will be addressed on your upcoming syllabus.
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- Internet access at home, or areas off campus for assignments
- Assignments and worksheets will be placed on Office 365 (provided by the county to each student). In addition Office 365 permits each student to download Microsoft Office for use while in school free of charge.
- Some work must be submitted using Microsoft office so school board equipment can read it.
- Ability to print and upload / turn in assignments electronically and as a hard copy when necessary.
- Appropriate safety apparel for class. Students are required to wear scrubs daily as well as closed toe and heel shoes capable of tolerating wet grass in the pastures.
- Scrubs, at least one set of PTHS scrubs for special events. Students are to wear navy blue pants and may select tops of their choice for everyday use.
- Basic class supplies: notebook paper, pens(traditional blue or black only for work)/pencils, flash drive
- Spiral notebook, minimum100 pages, dedicated to Vet Assisting only
Please note that you will be wearing scrubs to school every day. You will need navy blue pants, standard style seen in the professional workforce. You may select tops of your choice. There are a lot of really cute and colorful options out there for you. They are comfortable too! You will be receiving coupons from Scrubs and Stuff during Open House on August 9th. But don’t forget about the school tax free weekend coming up.
Also, footwear is very important. Please remember you will need a sturdy pair of closed toe and heel shoes suitable to withstand an outdoor environment.
We are so excited to meet you and get started! We are anticipating the BEST YEAR EVER!
See You Soon,
Ms. Biram and Ms. Karp
The Veterinary Assisting program is for students who like to work with and learn about animals and are interested in pursuing a career in the veterinary industry.
- Students enrolled as a freshman for the school year completing all five levels of the program will earn quality points towards their GPA.
- Directed Study available for students who qualify (must obtain instructor approval, see instructors for more details.)
- Levels 1 - 8 available
- Upper level students can prepare and sit for Veterinary Assisting Certification. This requires an internship with a local practicing veterinarian.
- Participation in CAS Seminole FFA Chapter is available and encouraged. This student organization is an integral part of this course.
This class always fills up fast. Talk with Mr. Ballard, Tech High Guidance Counselor as soon as possible.
Students are to wear closed-toe shoes, navy scrub pants, and a scrub top (of their choice) to school each day. Students are to purchase one set of Tech High’s Veterinary Assisting program scrub set (scrub top and scrub pants). Order forms for the Tech High scrub set will be available at the Open House. See the documents section for more details.