PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT 2016-17
Our coaches, trainer and administrators hope that this will be an enjoyable year for you and your family. As part of the registration process, we want to insure that you are fully aware and understand the commitments East Lake High School makes to you and what our expectations and obligations from you are as a member of East Lake HS. Please read, sign and return to your Coach or Team Manager.
- I will play sports because I want to, not because others want me to.
- I will remember that sports are an opportunity to learn and have fun.
- I will remember that winning isn't everything, that having fun, playing fair, improving my skills, making friends and giving my best effort are the most important aspects of youth sports.
- I deserve to play in an environment that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol and expect everyone to refrain from their use at all training and games.
- I will treat all coaches, trainers, players, game officials, administrators, and fans with respect at all times, regardless of race, sex, creed, or abilities, and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
- I will follow coaching direction and will not be disruptive during practice or games, nor will I "talk back" or use bad language.
- If I have a problem with something, I will discuss it with my coach at the earliest opportunity, rather than let it grow into a bigger problem later on.
- I will be on time, ready to play for practices and games and will notify my Team Manager or Coach if I cannot attend. I will make every effort to attend all games and practices always giving my best effort.
- I will respect my opponents, whether they have more or less ability than me and regardless of whether my team wins or loses.
- I will show respect for the authority of the referee, even though I may sometimes disagree with his or her calls.
- I will play by the rules at all times, and if I don't understand the rules, will attempt to learn them so I can become a better player.
- I will conduct myself with honor and dignity and treat other players as I would like to be treated. I know that I represent East Lake HS, my Coach, teammates, family and community.
- I pledge to refrain from yelling out negative criticism to my teammates during games and practices. I understand that it is the coach’s job to instruct and teach players. I will always support and encourage my team.
- During games, I will demonstrate sportsmanship and individual responsibility in support of my team in both success and defeat.
- I understand that fighting, bullying, abusive conduct and language and/or behaviors that in any way could bring discredit to East Lake HS are not permitted.
- I understand that I must satisfy all financial obligations to the school for uniforms, textbooks, and fines as otherwise issued before I will be able to practice or compete in an athletic competition for East Lake High school.
- I will conduct myself responsibly in any and all forms of social media and messaging. I will not post any negative comments about myself, the school, my team, my coach or any players. I will report any posts that I see which violate this policy to my parents and my coach. I understand that failure to comply may result in my suspension from the team.
- I understand that I must return all uniform(s) and equipment in a timely manner and that I will not participate in a team banquet or subsequent sport with an outstanding uniform obligation.
- I will read the Pinellas County School’s Student Code of Conduct and agree to abide by the requirements. I will conduct myself in accordance with FHSAA, District, School, and team athletic and academic rules at all times or will be subject to disciplinary action.
- East Lake HS is a leader in academic performance. I understand that I must maintain a high academic standard (2.5), will be suspended from athletic competition upon receipt of a disciplinary referral and/or for poor attendance. Student-athletes must attend the entire school day to practice or play, may not have a D or F in any class and participate without the Athletic Director’s written consent, and will not accumulate more than 3 Tardies in any class during any one academic quarter.
I acknowledge receipt of this contract and have reviewed the requirements to represent East Lake HS as a player. I also understand that failure to comply with any part of this contract may result in my suspension from the team and possible placement in “not in good standing” status with the East Lake High School Athletic Department.
Player Name (print) Player Signature Date
Parent Name (print) Parent Signature Date