Hall of Fame Nomination Criteria
MISSION: To honor the legacy of past East Lake High School athletes while providing inspiration for current Eagles athletes and coaches.
VISION: Create the finest high school athletic Hall of Fame in the State of Florida.
Article I - Criteria for Nomination to the Hall of Fame
- may be considered 7 years after graduating from East Lake HS.
- must be of outstanding moral character.
- must have participated at the varsity level for a minimum of 2 years.
- must have successfully graduated from East Lake High School.
- must meet a minimum of 3 of the following;
- High School All-American, or All State, or District First Team Member
- Outstanding statistical achievement in an individual sport or team sport
- Holder of a school record at one time
- Participated in and excelled at multiple varsity level sports
- Earned a collegiate athletic scholarship
- Pinellas County Player of the Year or Team MVP
- 1st team All-Conference or media All-County team
- Selected to a recognized All Star Competition/Game
- Winner of an individual state championship (Automatic nomination)
- Member of a national or international athletic team while in high school
- Drafted by a professional team or received an invitation to participate in a national or international athletic competition
(HOF Committee retains the option of selecting athletes who do not meet a minimum 3 of the above criteria.)
2) A Coach:
- must be retired from coaching at ELHS for a minimum of 5 years.
- must have a minimum of 8 consecutive years of coaching a single sport at ELHS.
- must meet a minimum of one of the following;
- Recognized as Coach of the Year from PCAC, local media, or FACA
- Posted a career positive win/loss record
- Coached a team to a District, Regional, or State Championship or coached a team which made the state playoff system.
Article I - Criteria for Nomination to the Hall of Fame (cont.)
- A nominated team must have won a state championship.
- A maximum of one team shall be selected annually.
4) “Friend of the Program”
- A nominated “Friend of the Program” is an individual that has made a significant and lasting contribution to the athletic program.
- A maximum of one “Friend of the Program” may be selected annually.