Tryouts 2023-2024:The first tryouts for the 2023-2024 season were held on May 16th, 17th, and 18th- from 5:30pm-7:00pm. This is open to all incoming freshmen and current CHS students.**Our second tryout for freshmen/transfer students will be held August 16th, 17th, and 18th from 2:30-4pm after 7th period.
2023-2024 Tryout Requirements:
-Must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher!-Completed athletic paperwork (Athletics tab-->Athletics Information) is to be submitted to the AthleticClearance.com online platform as soon as possible. To tryout, athletes must be cleared by Mr. Foote (email@example.com). A sports physical on an EL2 form as well as a GA7 form must be completed and uploaded to athleticclearance.com after making an account.
-Complete the 3 https://nfhslearn.com/courses courses: Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Concussion in Sports, Heat Illness.
-Purchase school insurance: https://www.hsri.com/K12_Enrollment/Main/default.asp
-Tryout skills order:
Be sure to follow our cheer Instagram page @clearwatercheer for more updates!
Jump of choice
Offense/Defense Sideline Chant
Short Description of Club & Activities:
- Philosophy—The CHS Cheerleading Program at Clearwater High School provides participants with many opportunities involving leadership, spirit and enthusiasm. The purpose of our program is to:
- Support our athletic programs and school through various activities and events
- Promote and uphold school spirit and enthusiasm of spectators at athletic events
- Develop a sense of good sportsmanship
- Promote Clearwater High School by being involved in the community
- The Role of a CHS Cheerleader
- Represent the school to the highest degree in and out of uniform
- Be a positive leader and a role model
- Set a good example through behavior and sportsmanship at all times
- Positively contribute to the both the team and schoolwide atmosphere
- Balance academic requirements and school-wide expectations/demands with extra-curricular and personal activities
- Football games
- Basketball games
- Homecoming Week including Tornado Tales
- Assisting CHS Administration in various school events throughout the school year (New Student Orientation, assemblies, pep rallies, etc.)
- Various community events (Ex: participated in a pep rally at Skycrest Elementary supporting student success with FSA testing.)
*Cheerleading is both a Fall (Football) and Winter (Basketball) activity with Varsity and Junior Varsity squads.