Earn certifications in cosmetology, culinary arts, as a drone pilot and other career areas
June 19, 2019
The district’s Educational Alternative Services (EAS) Department has some wonderful new and recurring programming in the upcoming school year for students who may need some additional support to meet their education goals. Those programs are:
• Clearwater Intermediate School will offer a Business Technology and Culinary program. There are vacancies for students in grades 6-8 who meet the EAS criteria listed below. Interested families should contact the school at 727-298-1616.
• Lealman Innovation Academy is adding Cosmetology for the 2019-20 school year. The school already offers Building Construction, Culinary Arts, Business Education. The school serves scholars in grades 5 - 12 who want to experience a personalized and project-based approach to academic success. Interested families should contact the school at 727-528-5802.
• The Alpha 4.5 program at Blanton Elementary has 30 seats for rising fourth-graders who have previously been retained. The program provides students the opportunity to complete fourth and fifth grades in one school year. Parents may inquire about their child’s eligibility by contacting the program at 727-547-7508. The Alpha 4.5 program is for students who live south of Ulmerton Road and whose zoned schools include North Shore, Maximo, New Heights, Cross Bayou, Blanton, Rawlings, Sexton, Shore Acres, Skyview, Perkins, Oakhurst, Seminole, Campbell Park, Fairmont and Westgate elementary schools.
• Bayside High School will offer Drone Pilot, Nail/ Facials Specialist and Culinary Arts programs. Interested students may call the school directly at 507-4730.
• Pinellas Gulf Coast Academy will offer Drone Pilot, 911 Operator and Vision Care Technician programs. Interested students may call the school directly at 474-8836.
• Disston Academy will offer Drone Pilot, Nail/ Facials Specialist, Smart Home Technology Installation and Culinary Arts programs. Interested students may call the school directly at 893-1115.
EAS can assist students who: have previously been retained or are in danger of being retained, have less than a 2.0 GPA, have struggled with standardized testing, or have had attendance issues.