The ASVAB Career Exploration Program is a comprehensive career exploration and planning program that includes a multiple aptitude test battery, an interest inventory, and various career planning tools designed to help students explore the world of work.
The ASVAB Career Exploration Program is intended for use with students in the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades, as well as students in post-secondary schools. The Program provides tools, including the test battery and interest inventory, developed by the Department of Defense to help high school and post-secondary students across the nation learn more about career exploration and planning. Results of the aptitude test and the interest inventory enable students to evaluate their skills, estimate performance in academic and vocational endeavors, and identify potentially satisfying careers. These results are integrated with work values to help students identify and prioritize possible career choices. Students are encouraged to consider their own work-related values and other important personal preferences as they explore the world of work and learn career exploration skills that will benefit them throughout their work lives.Choosing a college and a career are big and exciting decisions. Explore your interests and take the time to find a college that will put you on a path to a bright future.College Career Life Planning was created by the National Education Empowerment Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization. Our web site provides students, parents and teachers with free, quick, easy access to the best education and career planning tools. Over 500 web sites (including many schools) link directly to College Career Life Planning. Our site is entirely non-commercial and relies on user word-of-mouth to reach the millions of individuals whose lives can be enriched by making informed education and career choices.
Discover Business Business Degree Guide provides assistance to prospective college students. The assistance is in the form of free tools and resources. We have published a collection of guides and resources that would be helpful to prospective college students like:
· List of Best Value Business Degrees
· List of Best Value Accounting Degrees
· List of Best Value Finance Degrees
· List of 40 + College Scholarships
· SAT Preparation Resource
· ACT Preparation Resource
· College Study Guide
· Business Students Book List
· Collection of 50 + Free Business School Lectures and VideosEmploy Florida Marketplace is a powerful, easy-to-use online tool that can help students:
The Executive Internship Program (EIP) embodies some of the best elements of both traditional and contemporary approaches to education. EIP is a marriage of the theoretical and the practical, combining the best elements of classroom theory with actual experience in the world of professionals; it is academically oriented education based on experience.
- Find out what kinds of jobs are available and where those jobs are in Florida
- Research job-related information, such as salaries
- Assess their job skills
- Find out what education or training they might need
- Create a perfect resume and cover letter
- Apply for jobs online
Through the Executive Internship Program, students are assisted academically and experientially in developing skills which promote self-directed learning, self awareness, goal setting, creative problem solving, and cross cultural sensitivity. EIP represents a strong response to the present day search for expanded educational options.Future Plans is a self-awareness and career exploration program to help you discover and understand some of your talents, interests, and preferences.Job Corps is a free education and training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job. For eligible young people at least 16 years of age that qualify as low income, Job Corps provides the all-around skills needed to succeed in a career and in life.MyCareerShines is a comprehensive education and career planning system that will help you succeed in the increasingly competitive global economy. You will learn about yourself, discover the many options and opportunities for your future, and gain access to the information and tools to achieve your goals.My Next Move is an interactive tool for job seekers and students to learn more about their career options. My Next Move has tasks, skills, salary information, and more for over 900 different careers. Users can find careers through keyword search; by browsing industries that employ different types of workers; or through the O*NET Interest Profiler, a tool that offers personalized career suggestions based on a person's interests and level of work experience.
My Next Move is developed and maintained by the National Center for O*NET Development, under the sponsorship of the US Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA) through a grant to the North Carolina Department of Commerce. Learn more about O*NET.
For an overview of the search features and content, download the two-page "Desk Aid" PDF.For hundreds of different types of jobs — such as teacher, lawyer, and nurse — the Occupational Outlook Handbook tells you:
• the training and education needed
• expected job prospects
• what workers do on the job
• working conditionsThe O*NET system serves as the nation's primary source of occupational information, providing comprehensive information on key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations. The O*NET database houses this data and O*NET OnLine provides easy access to that information.Online MBA Review is your home if you are a business leader looking to grow in your expertise and responsibility or if you are a student looking to advance your opportunities prior to entering the workforce. There are hundreds of Online MBA programs, and we help learn the differences and similarities between the programs. From an MBA in Marketing to an MBA in Financial Planning, our concentration guides and our state-by-state career outlook guides help you determine which course to take. If you are looking for information on the GMAT or how to balance your MBA with work and family life, check out our resource section for tips and advice. Have a question? Submit to one of our MBA Program Experts.Every Student, Future Ready! Easily prepare your K-12 student(s) for future success with an engaging program that builds self-knowledge, personalized plans, and critical life skills. XELLO (formerly Career Cruising) is an Internet-based career exploration and planning tool used to explore career and college options and develop a career plan. The program features:
- Assessments that build self-knowledge - Students complete interactive career, personality, and learning style assessments to help them better understand their unique interests, skills, and strengths. Each engaging assessment encourages reflection, helping students connect who they are with relevant career options.
- Personalized student portfolios - Students personalize their Xello experience by creating a shareable, online portfolio that showcases their interests, skills, and abilities. Profiles are easily updated as students gain new experiences, reflecting who they are every step of the way.
- Vibrant career and college profiles - Students explore hundreds of career and college options that align with their assessment results. Engaging content written at a grade 6 level, rich photography, and real-world interviews provide an authentic glimpse into their future and the critical knowledge to make informed decisions and plans
- Interactive planning tools - Students translate their newfound knowledge into an actionable roadmap by piecing together their saved career and academic options to create a personalized plan. Plus, with integrated course planning, they’ll have a clear path to their future goals.
- Build skills employers value - With integrated lessons, students build essential skills and knowledge that can help them succeed in the real world. Personalized based on their work in Xello, lessons give students the chance to reflect, reassess, and build communication, problem solving, and teamwork skills to ensure smooth transitions between critical life stages