Culinary Academy was recently featured on Channel 13, FOX. Check out the video!
NEHi Bistro is open for business, serving a delicious 3-course seasonal lunch for $10.
The purpose of the Northeast High School Culinary Arts Academy is to graduate students with developed character traits, acquired knowledge, necessary skills and the high values needed to be a successful contributor to our ever changing and increasingly demanding society. Our mission is to promote the interest and welfare of the high school students participating in the Culinary Arts program. Students will learn how to conduct themselves in a confident, professional and ethical manner, and will demonstrate procedures using basic and advanced knowledge related to the hospitality industry.
Students will explore different fields of the culinary trade in our facility. By focusing on hands-on training, students prepare for a dynamic, rewarding career in the food service and hospitality industry. Students will be able to apply their skills easily into new careers upon graduation. Courses are intensive, practical and updated regularly to reflect current industry trends. Students receive career-oriented instruction in both classic and modern culinary arts with an emphasis on the skills needed to succeed in the industry and postsecondary education.
For the lastest Culinary New Vist our Culinary Webpage.
Our curriculum includes, but is not limited to:
• Industry recognized certifications: SafeStaff, ServSafe,and National ProStart Certificate of Achievement.• Identifying career and job opportunities
• Workplace safety and sanitation
• Skills development
• Culinary competitions
• Use of commercial tools and equipment
• Front-of-the-house duties
• Back-of-the-house duties
• Food identification, selection and purchasing
• Menu development
• Relationship of nutrition and wellness
• Management skills
• Food and beverage preparation
- While attending the Center for Culinary Arts at Northeast High School you will study:
- •Introduction to culinary careers
- •Preparing and serving safe food
• Business math
• World cuisine and history
• Garde manger
• Lodging industry
• Vegetarian/vegan cuisine
• Cakes and tortes
• Pies and tartlets
• Plated desserts
• Cake decorating
• Hospitality Industry
• Table setting
• Restaurant design
• Catering functions
• Management Skills
Department Contact Information:
Name Position Phone NumberChef John BeckChef Instructor727-570-3138 x.1035Chef Curtis SerataProgram Director727-570-3138 x.1107