Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Greetings, OMS Summer Bridge and Credit Recovery Families:
Summer Bridge schedule:
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Free breakfast
8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Classes
11:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Lunch
1:30 p.m. Dismissal
We are off Monday June 5th for observance of 4th of July holiday. Supplies are provided by teachers; they might send a note home first day for any extras needed, but the district provides supplies to students free-of-charge.
If you need transportation, we are still waiting to hear finalization from the district. You can certainly give transportation a call at 587-2020 to see if they have your stop information, but at this point, we do not have any new information about busing.
If you are dropping your student off, please use the OMS car circle located on the west side of the school. Our bus circle near our front office is for buses only. You can pick your student up at the same place in the car circle around 1:30 p.m.
Good morning OMS Community,
I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU for your unconditional support as we complete the last week of the 2020 – 2021 School Year on June 9th. Moreover, THANKS to our dedicated Faculty and Staff for responding to the call to support our school community while grappling to manage their personal obligations. I am honored to serve OMS and forever grateful for the resiliency of our community!
Please take a moment to review the attached updates for the week of June 7, 2021. We will complete the remaining final exams, make-up state testing, and celebrate our students this week. Let’s finish strong!
2021 Summer Bridge
Take advantage of an opportunity to expand your child’s summer learning through our Summer Bride Program (June 21st – July 15th).
Attached you will find information regarding our upcoming Summer Bridge Enrichment program available to all students. You may register online through the Student Reservation System. This year we will have a new opportunity for students to participate in elective enrichment courses. Please register your child early and arterial transportation will be provided!
School Health Services COVID Update:
Several students/staff members have either tested positive for COVID-19 or been in close contact with someone who has tested positive. PCS Health Services Staff has worked with the Dept. of Health to follow current protocols with those individuals or families identified to quarantine. Please support this effort by taking the necessary precautions to keep you and your child(ren) safe by following PCS Safety protocols. Feel free to contact OMS if you have any questions or concerns.
Additional Important Information:
- KUDOS to our April Employees of the Month Mrs. Ossenberg (Instructional) and Mrs. Hanson (Support)!
- Parents/Guardians please have a valid ID available if you arrive on campus to pick up your child. We encourage you to call in advance to expedite this process when possible and note students should not be picked up after 3:45 p.m. to alleviate disruption to the dismissal preparation process unless prior notice is provided to OMS.
- Face Coverings: All students, staff, and visitors are required to wear face coverings on campus. You are encouraged to bring your personal mask although OMS will have masks available free of charge.
- All masks containing inappropriate, offensive, disruptive, or advertisement material prohibited by the Code of Student Conduct and/or OMS Dress Code could be prohibited if it disrupt the learning environment of our students/staff.
- Office Hours: 8:50 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- KUDOS to OMS Turnaround Student of The Year - Colten Ard!!!!
- The YMCA will offer before and after care this summer for students who need it at Osceola. We will continue the hours of 7:30A.M. open and close at 5:30 P.M. , as well as not offering care on Fridays. To register for Summer Bridge care go to http://www.ymcasuncoast.org/
- June 9th: Last Day of School – Dismissal at 2:10 p.m./Early Release
- June 10th: MyPCS Online Computer return (see attached flyer)
Have a great OMS week!
Solomon J. Lowery, Ed. D.
Principal, Osceola Middle School