Ways to Earn FREE College Credit
Earn college credit while you’re still in high school. Through St. Petersburg College (SPC), you can take high school and SPC courses at the same time. Best of all, classes and books are free to qualified students. Find out if you are eligible.
All programs are open to Pinellas County students in public, private and home-education programs:
Dual Enrollment (DE) - Part-time program whereby students attend college courses at SPC or at their high school to earn credits toward fulfilling high school graduation requirements, while earning credits toward a college degree.
Dual Enrollment Approved Course List Matrix - Use this matrix to see which Dual Enrollment coursesEarly College (ECP) - Full-time program whereby students spend their junior and senior years attending all classes at SPC campuses to work toward simultaneously obtaining a high school diploma from their assigned school and an Associate in Arts degree from SPC.
Early Admission (EA) - Full-time program whereby Pinellas County public school students spend their senior year attending all classes at SPC campuses, completing high school graduation requirements while earning credits toward a college degree.
High school students attending Pinellas Technical College (PTC) have the opportunity to be dual enrolled in post-secondary courses tuition free! These courses give students credits toward a high school diploma and a career technical certificate. Hours completed at PTC may also transfer as credit hours to local and state colleges.In order to take Dual Enrollment classes at PTC during the fall and spring semester, students must:
- Be at least 16 years old and entering their junior or senior year in high school
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.0, or 2.5 GPA for medical-related programs
- Show responsibility through high school attendance and behavior.
- Obtain a Dual Enrollment Application from their high school counselor. Click here to obtain the application.
- Return completed application to their high school counselor, with all necessary signatures. *Once the PTC counselor has received the application, the student will be contacted regarding a shadowing date.
For more information, regarding dual enrollment, please contact the Clearwater campus at (727) 538-7167 or the St. Petersburg campus at (727) 893-2500.