Northeast High School - Home of the Vikings
Address: 5500 16th St. N. St. Petersburg, FL 33703
Phone: (727) 570-3138
Fax: (727) 570-3147
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Michael Hernandez
Student Hours: 7:25 AM - 1:55 PM
Grade levels: 9-12
Northeast High School is a four year, comprehensive high school, with a current enrollment of nearly 1,800 students. It ranks as one of the largest high schools in the Pinellas County School System and it serves a diverse student population with programs designed to meet the needs of a wide range of abilities and interests. These programs include certified career academies in which students can earn college credit and an industry certification, Advanced Placement courses, dual enrollment courses taught through St. Petersburg College, UF, and USF, the AVID program, AICE, community based instruction programs and much more.
- Students, teachers, parents, business partners and the community share the responsibility for implementing our school’s mission.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Students learn most effectively when they are active participants in their learning process.
- Literacy should be an emphasized and an ongoing school-wide objective.
- Students should be provided opportunities for real world experiences, with an emphasis on college and career ready academies.
- Through the Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) college readiness system, students will become active learners preparing themselves for entry into college.
Special Services and Programs
- Academy of Finance
- Academy of Information Technology
- Culinary Academy
- Automotive Academy
- Honors College
- Army JROTC
- Arts Academy
- Curriculum Includes: AP, Pre-AP, AICE, Honors, DE, CTE
- AVID National Demonstration School- 5,000+ schools offer AVID, less than 1% designated National Demonstration
- AOF and Culinary are recognized by PCS as Distinguished Academies
- Recognized as a model school for positive culture from Sandy Hook Promise
- Academy of Finance is recognized as a NAF Model program for 12 years in a row, only one of four programs in the nation to accomplish this feet
- Scholastic Art Awards Recipients
- Morean Art Award Recipients
- Word and Image Award Recipients
- Dali Art Award Recipients
- 141 State Qualifiers for Future Business Leaders of America
- Superiors in Band, Chorus and Theatre programs
- State Qualifiers in Diving
- Football 9-1, District Runner Up, State Playoff’s
- Soccer, District Runner Up, State Playoff's
- Softball District Champions, State Playoff's
- Northeast is recognized as a 5 Star School for our commitment to family, community and partnerships
- Northeast is a Gold Medal recipient for PBIS, the highest honor a school can receive for positive supports and culture
- NEHI Army JROTC program has flourished with enrollments nearing 200 students for the upcoming year
- 19 athletic teams demonstrate high academic standards and qualify for FHSAA academic recognition
Keys to Success
Attendance: Students attend classes daily, arrive timely to class, and prepared mentally for learning.
Attitude: Students exhibit relationship, scholarship, sportsmanship, citizenship, leadership, and partnership.
Achievement: Students submit all assigned tasks and never accept zeroes for any assignment.