PALM HARBOR UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL
Hurricane Girls Soccer
Home of the Hurricanes!
Girls Soccer Varsity & JV 2019-2020
Paperwork Deadline: Friday, October 18 by 1:55 PM
Note: All paperwork MUST be submitted directly to Mr. Felce in the Administration Building
When your paperwork is complete you will be given a GREEN FORM to turn into Coach at Tryouts.
Tryout Dates: October 21-23, 2019 @ Putnam Park – 2:20 – 4:20 PM
Paperwork Requirements before you can Tryout – Link for Forms (https://www.pcsb.org/cms/lib/FL01903687/Centricity/Domain/166/high%20school%20athletic%20packet-6.26.19.pdf )
- Complete High School Activities Participation Form – GA7 ( Needs to be Notarized )
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form – EL2
- Addendum Form
- Consent and Release from Liability Certification Form - EL3
- Consent and Release from Liability form – EL3CH
- School Accident Insurance (https://www.hsri.com/K12_Enrollment/Main/default.asp )
( Make a copy of your receipt after you purchase insurance and turn in with paperwork )
- New ( 3 Videos ) – National Federation of High Schools – Print & turn in Certificates of completion
- Concussion in Sports ( https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61059/concussion-for-students )
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest ( https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61032/sudden-cardiac-arrest )
- Heat Illness Prevention ( https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61140/heat-illness-prevention )
Palm Harbor University High School Girls Soccer Program is one of the best in the State of Florida. Every year we compete for a District & State Title. There is a standard and expectation of skill, decision-making, quality of play, and physical fitness to make the Varsity team.
The policy for the Varsity cuts are as follows:
- No player is guaranteed a spot on the team, even returning players. A roster spot will need to be earned every year, regardless of previous year history.
- Only 22 Jerseys will be handed out each year
- Cuts at tryouts will depend on the quality of play: Technically, Tactically, Physically and Psychologically.
- Come to tryouts with a solid First touch and ALREADY in-shape.
- Play with a strong work ethic, take risks with confidence, show a positive attitude towards teamwork, coaching staff, fellow players and yourself, and most importantly enjoy the game!
Please remember you are a Student Athlete we strive to help you in the classroom and on the playing field.