Welcome to the International Baccalaureate Program at Palm Harbor University High School
Welcome to the Palm Harbor University High School International Baccalaureate Program website! Your interest in our program has led you to our website which we hope does two things:
- First, it answers some of the general questions you have about the IB program and how we implement the IB at Palm Harbor;
- Second, we hope that the information that you glean here will lead you to contact us to further explore your educational opportunities with us.
- The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
- To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
- These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
Points of Pride:
- International Diploma recipient percentage is one of the highest in the world
- National Merit commended scholars, semifinalists and finalists consistently recognized
- Graduates are accepted in outstanding institutions of higher learning world-wide
- Teachers receive numerous awards and accolades such as “Teacher of the Year”
- IB students donate at least 225 hours of service to the community over four years
- IB students are leaders in the school, participate in sports, hold offices in student government and clubs
- Annual traditions include Senior Celebration, Junior Class Pinning, Sophomore Breakfast, and Freshman Social
- The IB Booster organization supports teachers and students with activities and funding