Welcome swimmers, divers, & parents!Below is some information about the PHU Hurricane Swim and Dive team.
Please feel free to contact Lisa Bitting at BittingL@pcsb.org with any questions.
The general requirement for all members of the swim team is to be able to perform all four competitive strokes and turns legally as well as participate in dry land cross training (some running, core work, and calisthenics) Swimming & Dryland Requirements
The diving coach will evaluate the divers during the first week of practice.
Girls have a JV and Varsity team
- Freshman and Sophomore girls are part of the JV team
- Some Freshman and Sophomore girls will compete at the Varsity level based on their times
- Junior and Senior girls will compete at the Varsity level
All Boys compete on the Varsity team
Girls and boys practice and compete at the same time
Monday, August 7th First day of practice
- The team will meet in the PHU gym lobby at 2:00 pm
- We will have a couple of get to know each other activities led by the captains
- We will head to the PHU track for dryland
- We will then walk across to the pool at the Greater Palm Harbor YMCA for pool practice from 3:00-5:00
Monday, August 7th - Thursday, August 10th Tryout Week
- Dryland from 2:00-3:00 at PHU track and swimming from 3:00-5:00 at the YMCA pool
- The final team will be announced at the end of practice on Thursday
- You may bring a print out from USA swimming for the 2015 calendar year showing that you have met the swimming time standard requirements
- Everyone will complete the dryland tryout
In order to be ready for the first day of practice on August 7th each athlete MUST complete the participation paperwork required by the school
- This can be picked up at the school front office over the summer or at the following link: https://www.pcsb.org/cms/lib/FL01903687/Centricity/domain/176/pcs%20forms/4-1891-A.pdf
- One of the FHSAA requirements is that every athlete completes a physical before starting a sport. Please include the physician signed athlete physical document in the paperwork.
- School insurance must be purchased at the following link: https://www.pcsb.org/Athletics
We look forward to seeing you on August 7th!
~Coach Lisa Bitting J