Paperwork Deadline: All paperwork MUST be submitted directly to Coach Huse before Friday, Oct. 20, 17 by 1:35 pm.
Team: Varsity Boys Soccer
Tryout Date: November 6 & 7
Time: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Location: Putnam Park – 799 Riviere Rd., Palm Harbor, FL 34683
Paperwork requirements before you can tryout (8):
- HS Activities Participation Form (It needs to be Certified)
- Physical Form • EL2 (within 1 year period)
- Addendum Form
- School Insurance. Must print out the receipt. (It does not have to be too expensive)
- FL HS Athletic Association Clearance for Participation Form • GA 7
- Consent and Release from Liability Certification Form • EL 3
- FHSAA Concussion & Heat related Illnesses Form • EL3CH
- NFHS “Concussion In Sports”. Must sign up, order/watch the video, and print out the Certification.
: Direct link to the “Concussion In Sports” Video: Click Here
Palm Harbor University High School Boys Soccer Program is one of the best in the FL State. Every year, we compete for a State Title & there are a large number of players trying out. There is a standard and expectation of skill, decision-making, quality of play, and physical fitness to make this team. The policy for the cuts is as follows:
- No player is guaranteed a spot on the team; even returning players. A roster spot will need to be earned every year, regardless of previous year history.
- Only 23 Jerseys will be handed out each year. Not including the GKs. Two Jerseys will be use as reserves for each game. If necessary, adjustments will be make during the season by the coaching staff for the team best interest.
- Cuts will depend on the quality of play during tryout: Technically, tactically, physically, and psychologically.
- Come into tryout and preseason with solid FIRST touch and ALREADY in-shape.
- Play with a strong work ethic; take risks with confidence, show a positive attitude towards teamwork, coaching staff, fellow players & yourself, and most importantly enjoy the game!
Basic Expectations To make the team:
- 1.5 Mile under 9½ minutes
- Finish in the top half of all Endurance Tests
- 100 push up under 2:20 minutes
- 100 juggles using different body parts
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to stop by and talk to Coach Huse in Room 5-207.