Palm Harbor University High School - Home of the Hurricanes
Address: 1900 Omaha St. Palm Harbor, FL 34683
Phone: (727) 669-1131
Fax: (727) 725-7936
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Teresa Patterson
School Hours: 7:25 AM - 1:55 PM
Palm Harbor University High School is a high-performing, nationally recognized school that has developed a curriculum to meet the needs of a diverse student population. It offers an innovative University program coupled with two dynamic district application programs; the International Baccalaureate Programme and the Center for Wellness and Medical Professions. The school focuses on preparing students for the future while maintaining a safe learning environment that promotes the highest student achievement.
Points of Pride:
- Class of 2022; 99.7% Graduation Rate
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Rate Average of 93% since 2005
- Class of 2022 Center for Wellness and Medical Professions students earned 406 industry certifications
- Center for Wellness and Medical Profession is designated by The Stavros Career Education Board as an Academy of Distinction with Distinguished Honors
- 23 National Merit Semifinalists from the classes of 2022 and 2023
- Nationally recognized Robotics Program
- Thespian Troupe is among the highest honored programs in Dramatic and Musical Theater by the State, Broadway Stars of the Future and Walker’s Rising Stars.
- Consistent national qualifiers in Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Health Occupation Sciences Association (HOSA), and Speech and Debate
- Students consistently recognized as Gold Key Scholastic Art Award Winners
- 9-time recipient of the Superintendent’s Award for highest GPA for all student-athletes; 5-time recipient of Superintendent’s Cup for Athletic Achievement
- 15 Team athletic Florida State Titles and 16 individual State Titles since the opening of the school
- 25,000 volunteer hours annually from over 1,000 volunteers
Special Services and Programs
- Center for Wellness and Medical Professions offers three pathways: Traditional Medical, Biomedical Sciences, and Pharmacy Technician
- International Baccalaureate Programme consists of two years of Pre-Diploma classes and two years of IB Diploma Programme classes.
- 26 Advanced Placement courses offered and onsite St. Petersburg College dual enrollment opportunities
- Career Academy of Business Administration and Management
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) School Wide Certification
- Early College, Early Admissions, and Executive Internship College programs
- More than 50 clubs in a variety of academic and recreational interest areas.
- College and Career Readiness Center staffed by a full-time Coordinator
Mission: The mission of Palm Harbor University High School is to educate all students by using effective systems that promote lifelong learning.
Vision: Provide a learning environment where all students complete an accelerated pathway that results in a graduation rate of 100% each year.