The PHUHS Robotics club supports STEM and engineering-related passions by giving people the opportunity to build, program, and document robots
, as well as teaching robotics and engaging in community events, through competing in the FIRST Tech Challenge
, where we have amassed impressive regional, state and international recognition. Historically, we have had three teams competing, but we expanded to five teams for the 2019-2020 season. Our meetings are held in room 11-203 and the meeting schedule for this year is flexible, so everyone is encouraged to apply to join. No experience is necessary
Over the past three years, our club has been among the most successful programs in the nation. Some of what our teams and club have accomplished include:
- 2 teams made it to states for the 2020-21 season
- Going undefeated to win the 2019 World Championship in Houston, TX
- Starting a robotics program at an underprivileged school in India
- Earning five qualifications for the World Championship over the past three years
- Advancing all five of our teams to the Florida Championship and at least two teams in each of the past three years, collecting both top awards at our regional championship every year for the past three years
- Winning both divisional top seeds and both top awards at the 2019 Florida Championship between our two teams there
- Fundraising over $10,000 by engaging with local businesses
- Teaching robotics lessons at over 10 schools across the county, as well as the Glazer Children's Museum and MOSI
- Attending many community events, such as Third Friday in Safety Harbor and the Synapse Entrepreneurial Summit at Amalie Arena
- Engaging the passions and shaping career decisions of hundreds of students across the school, many of whom have been extremely successful in STEM well beyond the high school level (one of our members was even recognized as a Dean's List Semifinalist for his dedication to engineering, teamwork, and outreach).
We give all students the opportunity to learn and compete on incredibly successful teams and welcome anyone into the club; as one of the most accomplished clubs at the school, we believe our club is great for every passionate student interested in STEM fields.