National Honor Society
The main methods of communicating will be the NHS website, NHS Gmail account (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Remind messages.
Eligible to Apply
- Students who are eligible to apply for NHS will receive a letter inviting them to apply in October.
- Students who are eligible to apply but may not have received a letter should check outside the sponsor’s room.
NHS members must maintain a weighted GPA of 3.5 and unweighted GPA of 3.0, have no disciplinary referrals, and fulfill volunteer obligations (See “Volunteer requirements” below). Members are expected to attend every meeting, held on the first Tuesday of each month, as this is the time when important news and volunteer events will be announced. For further information on member obligations, a more detailed version of the bylaws can be accessed below.
Volunteer Requirements 2020-2021
- Current Senior NHS Members inducted in Fall of 2019
- To be eligible for NHS honors at graduation, you must complete a minimum of 10 total volunteer hours from NHS chapter service projects before January 1, 2021.
- New Senior NHS Members inducted in Fall 2020
- To be eligible for NHS honors at graduation, you must complete a minimum of 7 volunteer hours from NHS chapter service projects before March 30, 2021.
- New Junior NHS Members inducted in Fall 2020
- To be eligible to maintain membership, you must complete a minimum of 5 volunteer hours from NHS chapter service projects before May 1, 2021.
- Meetings are mandatory in order to maintain membership
- NHS monthly meetings will occur online through TEAMS this year. Dates and times TBD.
- You will learn of new volunteer projects and procedures for the upcoming year
- If you are unable to attend meetings due to a conflicting school schedule with classes at SPC, you need to email a copy of your schedule to email@example.com to be excused from the semester’s meetings.
- If students cannot attend a meeting for an acceptable reason (illness, exc absence, or athletic function) you must notify the sponsor at least 24 hours in advance.
NHS Senior 1st Semester Meeting Dates
NHS New Member 2nd Semester Meeting Dates