Athletic Paperwork Submission
Dunedin High School uses an on-line athletic paperwork submission system. Please follow the directions below in order to expedite the review and approval of your student’s ability to participate in athletics.
Once submitted, please allow 5 days for review of a traditional student’s information. Students who are transfers, or attend academic classes at a different high school will take longer.
Prior to completing the on-line process, the following items MUST be completed, and the
related documents saved to your computer/device in a manner that allows you to attach/upload them with your submission (ie. Saving the documents in PDF format in your computer/device).
Form EL2- Sports physical- EL-2 Form
- The 3 page form must be completed in its entirety. This includes:
- All information on Part 1 complete and legible
- All medical review items checked either “yes” or “no”.
- Signed by STUDENT and PARENT at the bottom of page 1.
- Page 2 completed, signed and dated by the health care provider.
- Page 3 is only necessary if referred to a specialist for review- but it must be included with your upload.
Proof of purchase of school insurance. Click here to purchase school insurance.
- If your student plays football, you must choose the appropriate football insurance VR= Varsity, JV= Junior Varsity. If your student is in 9th grade, and you choose JV, you are permitted to upgrade to VR in the event he plays with the Varsity team.
- For all other sports, select the insurance option that makes the most sense for your particular situation.
- After purchase, you will be presented with a receipt. Save this receipt to your computer for uploading later.
Online courses for student athlete to complete: https://nfhslearn.com/courses
The student will need to create an account, register and purchase the courses. There is no charge- The price is $0.00.
- There are 3 courses that need to be completed
- At the end of successful completion, a certificate will be presented
- Save the certificate to your computer for upload later.
- Filter for Student Courses and complete the following:
*Concussion in Sports
*Heat Illness Prevention
*Sudden Cardiac Arrest
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE SITE DIRECTIONS AND UPLOAD:
Student will need to create an account if no account was previously created.
WEBSITE LINK: www.athleticclearance.com
*PLEASE READ THROUGH ALL DIRECTIONS TO ENSURE PAPERWORK IS COMPLETED PROPERLY
After all of the above documents are saved to your computer/device, you should access the Athletic Clearance online paperwork system using the link below. The process must be started by the Parent/Guardian of the athlete, as it contains several releases. The student athlete, and parent/guardian for the athlete, should both be available to complete the electronic signature portions of the process.
If you are a returning student, you will sign in with your email, and password previously created. Choose this school year and create a clearance. Once you have selected the sport(s) you will participate in. Choose the name that is under existing student, and it will fill in all your information from the previous year. Please update any new information that needs to be updated.
If this is your first time using the system, you will be asked to create an account. You can use this account for multiple athletes, and in succeeding years. There is a tutorial video available below the account creation area.
If you are coming from a different school whether it is in state or out of state make sure you fill out the GA4 form, it is provided to you on the athletic clearance website. This form must be completed to participate in athletics.
In the event any document you submit contains an error or omission, you will be sent an email from “Athletic Clearance” (You may need to check your spam folder) advising you of what needs to be corrected. When your student is approved to participate, the parent/guardian and the coach will receive notification via email from “Athletic Clearance”.
Step by Step instructions for Non-Traditional Students
1.If you are either a Homeschool/Private School/Foreign Exchange Student Before beginning this process please make sure you have a seat reserved at Dunedin High School. If you are please move to next step. If not please continue reading for further instructions. Please call the main county office if you are not registered at 588-6000 ask to be connected to student assignment. Please state that if you are either a Home-School/Private School Student. They will assist you further. Once you have reserved your seat and have gotten confirmation of your request you can move forward with the next set of instructions.
- After contacting student assignment and reserving a seat you will need to come to the school and enroll. 2 proofs residency, students social security card, most recent transcripts, birth certificate, Florida certificate of immunization records, most recent physical (EL2 physical form), and IEP (if your student is an ESE student)
3.ENROLL ONLINE for K-12 STUDENT ACCIDENT INSURANCE by typing: www.pcsb.org/StudentInsurance Please download and attach your receipt with your electronic submission.
4.Complete NFHSlearn courses:
Link: Course link for Concussion, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, and Heat
Illness Prevention: https://nfhslearn.com/courses Please download certificates and upload with your electronic submission.
5.Print out EL-2 Form for physical to be filled out by your doctor. (Physical needs to be on the EL-2 Form provided no exceptions)
6.After being registered with Dunedin High School please follow these instructions: Home-school students are required to fill out EL-7 Form. Private School Students are required to fill out EL-12 Form. These forms can be printed off the FHSAA website www.fhsaa.com. Foreign Exchange students please see APA/Athletic Coordinator for required paperwork, and instructions.
7.This step is only required for students who are out of Dunedin High Schools Zone. Please fill out EL-14 form, second page is required to be filled out by district personnel.(Al Bennett, firstname.lastname@example.org)
8.Fill out Athletic paperwork on www.athleticclearance.com: (If a student is coming from different school student is required to fill out GA-4 Form) Upload all paperwork to the website.