Making dog toys for the locacl animal shelter
Key Club Kick Off
Kids' Art Fest
National Key Club Week started on Monday. Tuesday was the day to give “kudos to the key players.” Members were tasked with personally thanking all the Key Club supporters they know. Our students chose to focus on showing appreciation to their teachers.
For those who don’t know, Key Club International is a student-led service organization for high school students. It gives students opportunities to provide community service, build character and develop leadership skills.
Here at DHS, we are sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Dunedin. Ele Fox is our Kiwanis Advisor. We have some amazingly dedicated and hardworking members who are committed to giving back to the community. Unfortunately, they don’t always get the recognition or support they deserve. They are an awesome group of kids and it is a joy to work with them.
What do they do? (A few examples)
- In September, at Kid’s Art Fest, our members helped to lead kids in various art projects.
- At Halloween Happenings on 10/26/2019, many of the booths were run by DHS Key Club (and Spanish Honor Society) members. They led the kids in games and gave out prizes/candy.
- They made dog toys to donate to a local animal shelter.
- Right now, you may see a few carrying little orange boxes. We are collecting donations for The Eliminate Project through Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF. The Eliminate Project’s main focus is to eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus.
- Last weekend, they helped paint houses with Kiwanis and Habitat for Humanity.
- This year, they are helping to Keep Pinellas Beautiful with the Adopt a Mile Program. They have adopted a mile of CR1.
SCHEDULE: Meetings are held Tuesdays during lunch in building 6-09
CONTACT: Faculty Sponsor, Ashley French, firstname.lastname@example.org