Discovery Night - Nov 16, 2020, 6:00pm
Northeast High school will showcase our four Career Academies including the Academy of Finance during our virtual Discovery Night. Please join us to discover everything our program has to offer your student!
National Academy Foundation - Distinguished Academy
Update 3-31-2020:It's Official!Northeast High School Academy of Finance is one of only FOUR Academies in the nation to achieve"Academy of Distinction" status for the past TEN consecutive years! We could not have maintained this consistency in academic excellence without the support of our Advisory Board, business partners, mentors, parents, administrators, faculty and students. Our AOF students are truly "College and Career Ready!"
AOF Featured on WTSP
Academy of Finance was recently featured on Channel 10, WTSP. Check out the video!
Viking Video Information
Some of our juniors work in the Viking Achieva Credit Union for real-world experience.
Juniors working in the Viking Credit Union Branch created, scripted, cast and directed in our annual Achieva marketing video as part of the Financial Internship curriculum. Videography and editing was done by the NEHI AOIT students under the guidance of their teacher Ms. Badell. MANY THANKS to the participants and especially AOIT for helping us complete this project!
Click the link to check it out:
Mentoring & More!
See the new AOF Mentoring VideoWe need YOU to mentor tomorrow's leaders! Volunteer ApplicationPlease complete and return the Volunteer Application form to Avril Osburn.The Academy of Finance gives high school students an opportunity to learn about and prepare for college careers in business and finance. Emphasis is placed on a college preparatory curriculum that is directly linked to the business world. Our mission is to ensure that our students learn business skills to prepare for the future, gain knowledge of money management by making better financial decisions, and practice real-life workplace applications. AOF is recognized as an Academy of Distinction by Pinellas County Schools, and has gained national recognition for eight consecutive years as a National Academy Foundation Distinguished Academy.
One of the most unique aspects of the AOF program is the interaction of business partners with our students. The Academy endeavors to match each student with a business mentor who visits once a month to counsel, mentor, and provide a real-world perspective to what students are learning in the classroom. Often, these mentoring relationships lead to internship and career opportunities for our students. We welcome mentors from all lines of business, focusing on broad, transferable business skills. If you have a heart to work with the next generation of business professionals, volunteer to mentor with AOF!National Academy Foundation Letters of Distinction
- The Academy of Finance offers many benefits and opportunities to its students throughout the school year. For example:
- • Make you aware of career opportunities in the financial field
- • Provide the skills necessary to work in the financial service industry.
- • Increase your knowledge and appreciation of basic financial concepts.
- • Provide hands on experience by working in a real branch of a credit union.
- • Help you understand the relationship between the economic system and the world of finance.
- • Provide students with an opportunity to obtain scholarships to continue their education after high school.
- • Develop skills to be an efficient team member.
- • Acquire a six to eight week paid internship to extend classroom learning experiences.
- • Participation in Stock Market game investing $100,000
- • Participation in job shadowing opportunities
- • Field trips to Jacksonville Federal Reserve, Epcot Leadership, & the New York Stock Exchange