Benefits and Opportunities
The Academy of Finance offers many benefits and opportunities to its students throughout the school year. A brief list of the opportunities are listed below:• Make you aware of career opportunities in the financial field
• Provide the skills necessary to work in the financial service industry.
• Increase your knowledge and appreciation of basic financial concepts.
• Provide hands on experience by working in a real branch of a credit union.
• Help you understand the relationship between the economic system and the world of finance.
• Provide students with an opportunity to obtain scholarships to continue their education after high school.
• Develop skills to be an efficient team member.
• Acquire a six to eight week paid internship to extend classroom learning experiences.
• Participation in Stock Market game investing $100,000
• Participation in job shadowing opportunities
• Field trips to Jacksonville Federal Reserve, Epcot Leadership, & the New York Stock Exchange