Dunedin High - Home of the Falcons
Address: 1651 Pinehurst Rd., Dunedin, FL 34698
Phone: (727) 469-4100
Fax: (727) 469-4143
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: James Kiblinger
School Hours: 7:25 AM - 1:55 PM
In the fall of 1961, Dunedin High School opened its doors. The school, located ideally on the east edge of the city on Pinehurst Road, had an enrollment of 767 students and a staff of 44 teachers. The school was comprised of a business department, a cafeteria, an administration building, an auditorium and a gymnasium.
Along with the city of Dunedin, the school has a strong Scottish heritage and tradition. The school’s mascot is Freddie the Falcon. The official school colors are red and white, though red and black have become the unofficial, and more popular, school colors.
Over the past years, Dunedin High School has become known for its academic excellence and athletic prowess. This year the school has hopes of continuing its winning tradition in the classroom and in the athletic arena.
Special Services and Programs
- 3DE by Junior Achievement
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) Program
- Extended Learning Program
- Academy of Architecture, Robotics & Construction Technology
- Fundamental Program
- SAT & ACT Prep Courses
- National Merit Finalist Preparatory Program
- Dunedin High School offers 20 clubs, spanning a variety of academics and recreational interests.
- Navy JROTC
Points of Pride
Principals Mission StatementAssisting the Dunedin High School staff in improving the quality of education, while providing a learning environment where students can pursue their lifelong goals and aspirations.Vision StatementDunedin High School envisions a curriculum that offers students choices which enable them to be immediately prepared for the postsecondary environment and a global community.Mission StatementThe mission of Dunedin High School is to prepare students for postsecondary opportunities while assisting students to develop integrity, respect and social responsibility.Dunedin High Core Values
- 3DE team was a finalist in national competition.
- The DHS Yearbook has won national awards for Excellence in Cover Design and Outstanding Student Journalism.
- The DHS Falconaires, Theatre, Wind Ensemble and Scottish Highlander marching band have all earned superior ratings for the past 10 years.
- For the last four years the DHS Grade 4 Pipe Band has been undefeated in competitions against bands from all over the Southeast.
- In Skills USA vocational skills competition for the State of Florida, DHS students earned 1st place in Cosmetology, 2nd place in Architectural Drafting, and 1st place in Robotics.
- The Dunedin High School Wrestling Team had four District Champions and one Regional Champion.
- Promptness and Attend All Classes
- Active Participation