How to Apply for the 2020-2021 School Year
Follow these steps to apply for the 2020-2021 School Year:
STEP 1: Get a Parent User ID and Password
- Get a parent user i.d. and password.
- If you do not already have a User ID and password for your family, bring a photo ID, go to a nearby school and ask for one.
- Only one User ID and password is needed per family.
STEP 2: Apply online Jan. 8–17, 2020
- Apply online at https://reservation.pcsb.org using your User ID and password.
- Select the District Application Programs option.
- You can select up to five programs.
- The Initial Application Period closes at 5:00 PM on January 17, 2020.
Please note: for the Centers for Gifted Studies and High School AICE & IB programs, non-PCS students must deliver all documentation of program eligibility to the appropriate school’s DAP office by the close of the school day on Jan. 24, 2020.Out-of-County Residence:
- Apply using the Special Attendance Permit (SAP).
- SAP information can be found at www.pcsb.org/Page/registration.
STEP 3: Review your status & respond Feb. 10–21, 2020In-County Residents:
- Log onto https://reservation.pcsb.org with your UserID and password during this period to accept a program invitation.
- If you do not accept during this period, your child’s invitation(s) will no longer be valid.
- Review your child’s status in all programs to which you applied.
- It is not necessary to accept waiting list positions.
- You can change your mind and select a different program before the Feb. 21, 2020 deadline.
- The Acceptance Period closes at 5:00 PM on February 21, 2020.
Please note: When you accept any ONE program’s invitation, you are removed from all other wait lists except for Centers for Gifted Studies.
- Student Assignment will reach out to you to inform you if you are granted the Special Attendance Permit.