How to Apply for the 2024-2025 School Year
Pinellas County Residents:
Follow these three steps to apply to District Application Programs for the 2024-2025 School Year:
Step 1: Get a Portal I.D. and Password
- If you do not already have a User ID and password, go to https://focus.pcsb.org and create an account. You will need an email address to set up and verify your account.
- Only one User ID and password is needed per family.
Step 2: Apply Online Jan. 9 - Jan. 19 before 5:00 PM
- Log on to the Focus Parent Portal and click on the Student Reservation System (SRS) link on the left-hand side menu.
- Follow the instructions to apply for up to five magnet or fundamental programs.
PLEASE NOTE: The Student Reservation System is set up for Pinellas County addresses only.
Non-Pinellas County residents are not able to apply using the Student Reservation System. A Special Assignment Permit must be completed. Special Attendance Permits for the 2024-2025 school year will not be reviewed until late Spring/ early Summer.
REMEMBER: Non-PCS students must deliver all program eligibility documentation to Centers for Gifted Studies or high school Cambridge AICE and IB programs to the appropriate program office(s) by the close of the school day on Jan. 26, 2024.
Step 3: Check Application Status/ Accept Invitations from Feb. 14 through Feb. 23 before 5:00 PM
For questions about the Application Process, contact the Student Assignment Office: StudentAssignment@pcsb.org or by phone at 727.588.6210.If you have questions about specific programs, contact the programs directly or DAP personnel at DAP@pcsb.org or by phone at 727.588.6000 x1875.
- Log on to the Focus Parent Portal and click the Student Reservation System (SRS) link on the left-hand side during this period to accept a program invitation or check the status. If you do not accept during this period, your child’s invitation(s) will no longer be valid.
- Review your child’s status in all the programs to which you have applied.
- It is not necessary to accept waiting list positions.
- If you accept any ONE program’s invitation during the acceptance period, the student’s name will be removed from all other lists, (except the center for Gifted Studies) including waiting lists.
- You have the option to change your mind and select a different program before the 5:00 PM Feb. 23, 2024 deadline.