Elevating Excellence (EE)
The Pinellas County Schools initiative to provide high-achieving students and their families a personalized path to college success.
Activities & Information
School Year Activities
School year activities cover a variety of topics. We hope to see you at our events. Check our events page often to see what is happening for Elevating Excellence students and their families.
One of our special events helps to support students with test preparation for the PSAT and for the SAT. We have partnered with Applerouth to offer professional SAT prep both during the school day and on selected Saturdays just prior to a test administration.
Pinellas County Schools students take the PSAT/NMSQT on the Primary Test Day in October of their 9th and 10th grade years and the SAT in March of their 11th grade year.
Students may also choose to opt-in to take the PSAT/NMSQT in October during their 11th grade year and the SAT in October of the 12th grade year. See our PSAT webpage for additional details ("PSAT/NMSQT Frequently Asked Questions" and "Why 11th Graders Should Take the PSAT/NMSQT). In order to opt-in, students must register with their school's PSAT or SAT testing coordinator.
Practice is an important aspect of improving performance in a variety of areas, including College Admissions testing. Elevating Excellence participants are strongly encouraged to participate in each available assessment.
Financial Aid Presentation
If you were unable to join your child for the Financial Aid Presentation during the last day of the summer seminar, you can find a summary of the information discussed here. We have added a recorded financial aid presentation here on our website.
Pinellas County Schools has a resource-rich site related to scholarships and financial aid and partners with local colleges and universities to provide a variety of Financial Aid Seminars and FAFSA () help sessions. Please refer to the PCS Financial Aid webpage for scholarship information and refer to the Post-Secondary & Financial Aid page for a schedule of events.
Registration is open!
Our Elevating Excellence summer seminars for 2020 are going virtual! Registration closes on May 28th.
Due to the shift to a virtual environment, we have made some big changes.
- We have added a Parent Snapshot to give parents a preview of the content along with expected activities and conversation starters at the beginning of each week.
- We have adjusted the length and frequency of the seminars into more digestible chunks to guide students through the college match, admissions and scholarship action steps more deliberately.
- Sessions will be one hour per week from June 8th to July 16th and students will have two options for live session each week. Additionally, the sessions will be recorded and posted for students who are unable to join one of the live lesson times.
- Facilitators will host office hours each week for students to ask individualized questions.
- Personalized academic advising sessions with a school counselor will be offered to each student to build the best plan for achieving their college goals.
- In addition to the curriculum, we are currently working on setting up various special sessions with university, professional, and community partners.
Seniors will join us for an additional day on July 28th in order to make final touches on their personal statement.
Please register for the Elevating Excellence Summer Seminar
If you have questions about the summer seminars contact Britt Moseley at Moseleyb@pcsb.org.