Summer Reading - Read On the Go 2018
Pinellas County Schools and community partners have created a summer reading program to help STOP the Summer Reading Slide.
Summer Reading Initiative Goals:
- Putting books in the hands of students
- Tracking their progress
- Providing incentives to increase engagement in reading
Summer Enrichment Options
Three Ways to Earn Prizes When You Read:
* You will need to log in with your PCS username and password (the same one you use for Focus)
- Track your reading in myON
- Participate in Reading with the Rays
- Use Pinellas County Schools Online Reading Log *
"Join students all across Florida as they take on the Summer Literacy Adventure Challenge and pledge to read every day. Set a personal goal, work to accomplish it and strive for success!" - FL DOE
After summer vacation, the department of education will recognize the top 10 schools with the highest percentage of participation. The school whose students read the most books will receive a surprise visit from First Lady Ann Scott.
Library ProgramsThis link will direct you to the PPLC calendar page for activities and ideas for summer reading. This is a sure way to keep your child engaged all summer long
Florida's Education Commissioner and the Library Youth Program have created “Find a Book." Students can build customized reading lists based on their interests and reading abilities, and then locate their selections at local public libraries or Barnes & Noble bookstores