Pinellas County Schools offers a variety of fun and challenging summer learning opportunities for students in grades K-12:
- Summer Bridge programs — Summer Bridge summer extended learning programs at district schools are for students who need that extra boost to stay on track.
- Visit the PCS Beyond the Classroom page — Explore a variety of educational online activities that include Ticket to Read, ST Math, My Virtual Backpack, Think Central, FCAT Explorer Brain Pop Journey North and Learn American English Online.
- Scholastic Summer Challenge – Students in K-12 can read the material of their choice for as many minutes as they can, then log them for a chance to win special prizes.
- Reading With The Rays — The Tampa Bay Rays are collaborating with the Tampa Bay Times Newspaper in Education program to present a reading incentive program. By reading books this summer, students in grades three through five can circle the bases - first, second, third and home - and collect prizes as they go. If they make it all the way around to home, they can win the ultimate reward – a ticket to a Rays game at Tropicana Field! To participate, pick up a game card at your local library and visit the Reading With The Rays website at http://www.tampabay.com/nie/raysreading.
- PBS Cyberchase Math Games – The online site for elementary students offers hundreds of math videos, games and hands-on activities to support Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) learning.
- Figure This! – This online resource center offers interesting mathematical challenges that middle school students can do at home with their families.
- Calculation Nation - Calculation Nation allows students to challenge opponents all over the world, and challenge themselves by investigating significant mathematical content and practicing fundamental skills. The element of competition adds an extra layer of excitement. The online center is for upper level elementary and middle school students.
- Portal programs – Students can read eBooks on tablets, personal computers, laptops and mobile devices through MackinVIA. To use, students should log into portal at https://portal.pcsb.org and enter their R2.D2 user ID and their password.