- HOW TO REQUEST A LEASE - STEP BY STEP PROCESS
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Steps to Leasing a Facility
- Facility Leasing Procedure Manual
- Important Reminders
- Rate Sheet
- "But the A/C Is Already On"
- School Phone Numbers
- Insurance Requirements
- COVID-19 Board Emergency Rule on Face Coverings
- COVID-19 Mandatory Cleaning Fees
For all questions regarding leasing our schools please contact Kelly Fasce, (727) 547-7137 or email email@example.com
PINELLAS COUNTY SCHOOLS FACILITY LEASING INFORMATION
Pinellas County Schools has created a new website for facility leasing that will make the facility rental process easier for the community and the school district employees. It's as easy as registering with the district, submitting a request along with required documentation online.
Most schools and athletic facilities are available for use by the community, as long as the use will not interfere with school activities. The facilities are available after school hours and on weekends.
USER REGISTRATION PROCESS
NOTE: There is a non-refundable $50.00 processing fee, per year, for approval of all organization applications. Payment for this fee is required prior to approval for the organization.
* Applicants must include the $50.00 non-refundable payment of the registration fee at the time they are completing the application in order to receive approval for your organization. (Please note this process for approval must be done annually.)
* Once your application has been approved, you will then be able to request a lease for a facility. All lessees must have a commercial liability insurance policy in the amount of at least one million dollars.
* If this is your fist time using the system, we have provided some Getting Started information to help get your account and organization setup within the system.
LEASE REQUEST PROCESS
* All requests for leases must be completed through the online request form.
* Once you have been approved through the organization registration process you will log-in to the COMMUNITY PORTAL and complete the request.
* All lease requests are required to pay a $25.00 non-refundable booking processing fee for each request, agree to the Terms and Conditions for facility uses, and pay any anticipated facility fees which will be invoiced after the rental request has been given final approved.
* For questions or assistance with accessibility of the online application please contact Pinellas County School's Real Estate Department or call 727-547-7137.
Anyone using District facilities must adhere to insurance requirements before any lease will be allowed.
Note that the School Board of Pinellas County, Florida must be named as an additional insured and that the Certificate Holder must be the School Board of Pinellas County, FL, Attn.: Real Estate Dept., 11111 S. Belcher Road, Largo, FL 33773.
No lease reqeust will be approved prior to the Certificate of Insurance (or self-insurance document for ) begin received.
The minimum commercial general liability is $1,000,000.00 per occurrence. Sample Certificate.
Lessees will be charged according to the appropriate rental rates and based on the current Rate Sheet. School Administrators cannot waive fees or make any adjustments in the fee structures. Rates are reviewed on an annual basis and are subject to change.
Lessees using the inside of the facility on weekends, non-school days, or when the use is beyond the regular scheduled HVAC run times will be charged for utilities. Lessees will be charged district staff wages when using the facilities on the weekends, non-school days, or when no staff is already scheduled to be on duty.
A non-refundable booking application fee of $25.00 will be assessed for each lease request made. If multiple dates are made in a single request, only one fee will be applied. You cannot request a lease for multiple sites at one time. Eash site must have their own request.
A non-refundable change fee of $25.00 will be assessed for each request made if requests to change any apsect of the lease are made after final approval from the Real Estate Department.
Any charges for use of the facility will be billed to the lessee through the online leasing system. Organizations, groups or individuals can pay using a credit card or pay the school directly. ALL PAYMENTS FOR LEASES MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO ANY USE OF THE FACILITY.
PAST DUE ACCOUNTS
Lessees that have a past-due account may be refused a lease until the account is made current.