The Administration Building Mailroom is staffed by one Mail Services Technician working from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. The primary responsibility is to process, sort and distribute US, USPS, FedEx, and Pony mail. The following information is to be used as guidelines in preparing mail. The Mailroom phone is 588-6038 or 588-6000 x 1873.
The mailroom will open at 7:30 a.m. each morning and will close at 8:00 a.m. to allow for pick-up of the U.S. Mail at the Largo Post Office.
The mailroom will reopen after the mail has been sorted at 10:00a.m. for you to pick up your mail. There will be no more deliveries of mail in the Administration Building.
The mailroom will close from 11:30 to 12:00 p.m. for lunch and 2:00 pm to 2:15 pm for break.
UPS/FedEx deliveries (for the Administration Building only) will be made by Central Printing staff in conjunction with printing deliveries. Signatures will be required. Central Printing staff will not deliver your U.S. Mail, Pony mail or printing requisitions.
All U.S Mail must be brought to the mailroom no later than 2:45 p.m. each day to guarantee delivery to the post office that day. Any U.S. Mail brought after that time may or may not be processed that day depending on the volume of outgoing mail. The mailroom will be closed from 2:45 p.m. each day until the mail is processed for delivery to the post office.
All U.S. Mail will leave for the Largo Post Office at 3:50 p.m. each day and the mailroom will close at that time.
The following information is to be used as guidelines in preparing mail.
U.S. Mail Guidelines
Listed below are some helpful guidelines to use in preparing mail to be processed through the United States Post Office.
- Please close all envelopes if the Mailroom is sealing them. Do not leave the flap up or open. Do not mix sealed and unsealed envelopes.
- Keep all envelopes facing in the same direction.
Rubber band multiple envelopes and clip a completed, yellow Requisition for Mail/Fax to the bundle. Mail will not be mailed without a yellow requisition slip.
- If your envelope has stapled or clipped contents, make sure the staple or clip is not in the upper right corner of the envelope. It will damage the postage meter.
- Please use street address, not the PO Box address.
- Make sure all envelopes and boxes are sealed. If you use a brown kraft envelope with a metal clasp, make sure you seal the envelope with tape. Do not put tape on the address side of the envelope, especially in the area where postage is affixed.
There are two types of bulk mailing.
- First Class Presort - Requires a minimum of 500 pieces.
- Standard Mailing - Requires a minimum of 250 pieces.
Please contact the Central Printing (588-6387) if you have a large mailing. If you have a large mailing that is under 250 pieces, please contract the mailroom (Ext. 6038) in advance
- All Certified Mail requires a completed green card which is available from the Mailroom. Please pick up the cards from the Mailroom and complete prior to mailing certified material.
- If you have many certified letters, please supply the Mailroom with a copy of address labels.
- Please prepare certified mail as early as possible.
- Keep certified mail separate from other mail.
- If you know delivery is being made by one of the above, please have shipper include your name, department and purchase order number on the label.
- If returning a package (from the Administration Building only), do not call shipper for pickup. Please call the mailroom. The staff will make the necessary arrangements to have your package shipped and contact you with the details