Family Canvas Training
We have designed a course, just for parents and families, so you know how you can best support your child(ren) in their use of the Canvas system. This course has been created for parents and guardians and includes information about the Canvas Learning Management System and general instructions for using Canvas as a parent/observer. You will not need an account to take the Parent/Family Canvas Training.
Here are the topics you will learn more about.
What is a Learning Management System?
A Learning Management System (LMS) is a way to simplify teaching and learning by connecting all digital tools teachers, students and parents use into one place.
Why are teachers using Canvas?
Teachers can use Canvas to:
- Personalize learning for students
- Receive and grade student assignments, discussions, and quizzes.
- Easily align assignments and rubrics to standards and/or learning objectives.
- Provide students with written, audio, or video feedback and multiple revision/submission opportunities.
- Organize all work and course-related events into one, drag-and-drop calendar.
- Push course notifications to students via email and text.
Why might a student benefit from working in Canvas?
Students can use Canvas to:
- Access class materials (calendar, assignments, quizzes, etc.) online using any device or any browser.
- Track their progress through ongoing teacher feedback tools.
- Receive course announcements, grade notifications, etc. instantaneously on their preferred device(s).
- Easily collaborate with peers and teachers.