STEM Explorer Program
Vision: Expand STEM opportunities for Pinellas County students.
Mission: Provide STEM programs at all Pinellas County Schools to increase student enrollment in accelerated STEM courses and help students become career-ready for STEM fields.
STEM Explorer Program Overview
- The K-12 STEM Explorer Program impacts more than 5,000 students in grades K -12 from more than 90 participating schools.
- This extracurricular program offers students opportunities to conduct hands-on engineering design challenges, explore careers in STEM, improve teambuilding and leadership skills, learn about business planning, and interact with community and business partners.
- The Pinellas County Schools Department of Assessment, Accountability and Research found that students participating in the STEM Explorer program are 2 times more likely to pass the state Math FSA assessment and 4 times more likely to pass the Florida Statewide Science Assessment.
- Participants in the STEM Explorer programs are invited to attend our yearly STEM Expo, where students participating in the program get to display the STEM projects they worked on throughout the year.
- During the summer months, the K-12 STEM Explorer Program offers a STEM Innovation Summer Camp program for students entering 2-8 grade during the upcoming school year.
- STEM Coordinators have written and received grants in amounts of $1,300,000+ used to enhance STEM programs.
- The K-12 STEM Explorer Program is always seeking partnerships to further develop the program, which in turn enhances the quality of STEM education students receive. Some of the current partnerships include, but, are not limited to, Duke Energy, UDT, Pitsco, EverFi, MAD-learn, STEMFuse, Girls Who Code, Wonder Workshop, and many more.