Closed Non-Public School Records

  • When a non-public school closes, Florida Statutes provide for two ways of maintaining the permanent information, or transcript-type portion, of these records. (See 1002.42(3)(b), F.S.)

    1. The information may be transferred to the public school district in which the non-public school was located.
    2. The information may be transferred to the main office of the school system or association that the non-public school is a member of.

    The Pinellas County School District has accepted student records from many closed non-public schools. These records are maintained by Central Records. Some schools have notified Central Records of the disposition of their student records. The status of student records from closed non-public schools in Pinellas County is listed in the following link:

    Closed Non-Public School Records

    If Central Records has student information from a closed non-public school, we will provide copies of that information to former students on request. Please go to the following website to order a transcript: ScribOrder On-Line Payment System  Fill out the form, create an account, pay, and we will process your order within a week, usually less.

    If you have questions about requesting a copy of student records from a closed non-public school, contact Central Records.
    Phone: 727-793-2701 (Please leave a message and a Records Management team member will return your call as soon as possible.)