School-Home Partnership Opportunities
We know that students do best when their families and schools are working together to support them in reaching their full potential. Strong and effective family-school partnerships are absolutely essential to keeping kids engaged in learning. School-home partnerships involve collaborative working relationships between families and schools. They can support students in more productive and consistent work and behaviour, which in turn can improve students' interest, motivation and engagement in learning both at home and at school.
Below are several opportunities where families can get involved in their student's education.
- Attend the Annual Title I meeting at your school.
- Attend Open House and other events offered on your campus.
- Attend Parent-Teacher Conferences to meet with your child’s teacher.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis about your child’s progress.
- Join the School Advisory Council (SAC), PTA/PTO, or other organizations at your school.
- Take advantage of opportunities to volunteer with your school either on or off campus.
- Complete school event surveys and make suggestions/provide your input.
- Join the district level Parent Advisory Council (PAC).
- Review your school’s Parent and Family Engagement Plan and offer your feedback.
- Family/Parent Checklist provided by U.S. Dept. of Education.
- Check out these resources and links to continue learning beyond the classroom.