To register for kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year, children must:
- Be 5 years old on or before Sept.1, 2018
- Be able to show proof of residency (Two forms of documentation with home address)
- Have a Florida Certificate of Immunization (shots record)
- Have a physical examination certificate: List of locations offering free or low cost school physicals for uninsured residents
- You can register your child at your zoned PCS elementary school
Kindergarten Registration Flier
Mark Your Calendar for Ready, Set.. Kindergarten!
Attend Ready, Set...Kindergarten Jan. 10 or 11 at a school near you.Register for kindergarten, explore classrooms, meet teachers and learn about opportunities to get involved. Find out about great programs available, such as art, music, gifted programs, science labs, STEM academies, physical education and other enrichment programs.
For more information about registration, contact the Office of Student Assignment at (727) 588-6210.
Get Kindergarten ReadyLet Pinellas County Schools help your child transition into kindergarten. Here are some steps you can take to gear up for this milestone.
Explore this child development checklist with milestones for 4 year olds and tips for parents. Check out the Countdown to Kindergarten activity sheet to help your child get kindergarten ready.